Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactusboi)
    Just heard I have an interview at bournemouth but im away in another country and cant change my flight so probably wont get an interview but: can someone enlighten me on what the maths test is like and what topics, do i need to revise trigonometry? Is that even a word.
    Cheers.
    Hey, i did the test 3 years ago, so it might have changed, but yeah you will need to know some basic trig. There were questions like what is sin/cos/tan of angles like 30, 60 or 45.. there will be a bit on algebra, and i think there was a question on logs and natural logs. I cant remember what else there is.. I think quite a bit of it is mentioned in this thread somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moid)
    3D animation requires excellent drawing skill as 2D does - you still need to design all the characters and environments before modelling them, and if you work as an animator, many 3D animators will draw 2D sketch versions of their keyframes before animating them in 3D. 2D drawing skills are also essential for making storyboards and animatics. However 2D animation does require you to be able to draw every frame, not just keyframes (if we are talking about classical 2D animation in the Disney tradition).
    Thanks for the explanation, I've decided to read up a bit more on the differences between 2d and 3d as well as into the courses.

I'm going to Open Days at the universities, so I guess that'll help me

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else go to Bournemouth today? The maths and logic tests are quite difficult, just learn algebra, and trig stuff

ReputationRep:
    yeah I did, the maths test was a ***** but the logic test was funnnn!

ReputationRep:
    You liked it? The logic test was a total mind trip :s
    what percents did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I hated the logic test, maths was better for me
    i got 89% on math and 60% on logic

the man said i should go to more life drawings :/
    did you by any chance have the compare the meerkat guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggingupworms)
    I hated the logic test, maths was better for me
    i got 89% on math and 60% on logic

the man said i should go to more life drawings :/
    did you by any chance have the compare the meerkat guy
    Wow, we've said that all along, you mean Ari? He's the head of the course for undergrads

Did anyone speak to a first year that was on the course by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    I got only 47% on the maths but 75% on the logic, and yeah i had the meerkat guy!

I spoke to charlie on the first year course.

ReputationRep:
    Who was the meerkat guy?
    I had a man who called himslef Harry because his name was too long to pronounce
    I got 78% on the logic and 82% on the maths
    I was extatic, it had such horrible questions

Also they said that they chose last night, so will we get offers fairly soon?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they said within a week they will tell us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mwilde)
    Who was the meerkat guy?
    I had a man who called himslef Harry because his name was too long to pronounce
    I got 78% on the logic and 82% on the maths
    I was extatic, it had such horrible questions

Also they said that they chose last night, so will we get offers fairly soon?
    that was the dude that spoke to us about the course. Lol did you hear his accent from his voice.

you did pretty awesome on the test, most likely to get in.
    im thinking of doing an art foundation course now, want to brush up on my art skills before starting the course.

ReputationRep:
    His name is Ari, not Harry! lol. Anargyros Sarafopoulos is his full name and he's a ledge.

ReputationRep:
    He was so nice, and he didnt slate my work unlike the interviewer at Teeside
    And he called himself Harry, he like came in to the room and announced it, then i saw his name plate and i was like "This isnt his room" and then he explained

I just hate this waiting part

ReputationRep:
    what kind of algebra and trig

ReputationRep:
    Agh I'm getting worried

I want to get into Teesside, and I'm just wondering if they need good life drawing skills?
    I don't have time to attend life drawing classes at all, which was previously suggested

I hear that life drawing is definitely needed, and I just don't know what to do!
    It said on the sheet that was sent to me that I could get family or friends to pose
    But I really don't think any of them are willing to go naked and pose so I can draw them!

Really really need help here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdDrumBoy)
    Agh I'm getting worried

I want to get into Teesside, and I'm just wondering if they need good life drawing skills?
    I don't have time to attend life drawing classes at all, which was previously suggested

I hear that life drawing is definitely needed, and I just don't know what to do!
    It said on the sheet that was sent to me that I could get family or friends to pose
    But I really don't think any of them are willing to go naked and pose so I can draw them!

Really really need help here!
    I got a conditional from Teesside after my interview last week. I had not been to life drawing classes either. I had a few drawings of my sister (in clothes) and about 6 nudes from internet, http://characterdesigns.com/index.ph...page=photosets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mwilde)
    He was so nice, and he didnt slate my work unlike the interviewer at Teeside
    And he called himself Harry, he like came in to the room and announced it, then i saw his name plate and i was like "This isnt his room" and then he explained

I just hate this waiting part

Thats odd you should say that, because I found the teesside lecturer much more friendly and interested in my work, harry was nice but he didnt really seem to be listening. I had my interview at hertfordshire on friday and I found their lecturers were the most enthusiastic out of any of the uni's I had seen, they were also offering advise to people and inviting us to their animation festival even if we choose not to go there.

(Original post by cactusboi)
    what kind of algebra and trig

the trig was only memorising the values of like sin30 or tan90 and stuff like that, for the algebra I think we had to say what the value of x was with a few multiple choice options, after looking at equations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animata)
    I got a conditional from Teesside after my interview last week. I had not been to life drawing classes either. I had a few drawings of my sister (in clothes) and about 6 nudes from internet, http://characterdesigns.com/index.ph...page=photosets
    Oh god thank you so very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fool of a took)
    T I had my interview at hertfordshire on friday and I found their lecturers were the most enthusiastic out of any of the uni's I had seen, they were also offering advise to people and inviting us to their animation festival even if we choose not to go there.
    I've got an interview there this Friday, cannot wait. Their showreel is the best out of all that ive seen, and i was so impressed by the open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fool of a took)
    Thats odd you should say that, because I found the teesside lecturer much more friendly and interested in my work, harry was nice but he didnt really seem to be listening. I had my interview at hertfordshire on friday and I found their lecturers were the most enthusiastic out of any of the uni's I had seen, they were also offering advise to people and inviting us to their animation festival even if we choose not to go there.

the trig was only memorising the values of like sin30 or tan90 and stuff like that, for the algebra I think we had to say what the value of x was with a few multiple choice options, after looking at equations.
    I dont really know what that means: memorising values of sin30 and stuff. But is the course heavily maths based?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2018

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.