Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Two drawings using two point perspective will do if they're drawn well - I don't need to see many images to know whether a student has ability. Think quality over quantity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mwilde)
    Okay
    So about 10?
    And how many perspective drawings should i do?
    I'll PM you a link sometime tonight with the lifedrawings
    Two drawings using two point perspective will do if they're drawn well - I don't need to see many images to know whether a student has ability. Think quality over quantity.

Sorry about the double post, I should never leave several hours between intending to answer a post and actually answering it!

ReputationRep:
    I got those images uploaded finally
    i sent them in a PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggingupworms)
    Bournemouth interviewies!!!
    have you got any offers yet?

they said they'll give their verdict in a week.
    and its been a week today....
    I had my interview on the 20th of jan, or around then and I hadn't heard anything so I called up sharen everitt and she told me that they shouldn't have told us that we'd hear in a week because they still have interviews to do. She then said that they'd be sending out offers/rejections by ucas and post next week.

ReputationRep:
    lame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamhands)
    I had my interview on the 20th of jan, or around then and I hadn't heard anything so I called up sharen everitt and she told me that they shouldn't have told us that we'd hear in a week because they still have interviews to do. She then said that they'd be sending out offers/rejections by ucas and post next week.
    stupid douches

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyones Hertfordshire go?

ReputationRep:
    someone posted a link to a website with photos of life drawing models somewhere in this thread but i cant find it.. halp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactusboi)
    someone posted a link to a website with photos of life drawing models somewhere in this thread but i cant find it.. halp
    You mean this?

http://characterdesigns.com/index.ph...page=photosets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdDrumBoy)
    You mean this?

http://characterdesigns.com/index.ph...page=photosets
    cheers. rep for you, you dirty man u fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactusboi)
    cheers. rep for you, you dirty man u fan
    Why thank you!
    For the rep
    Not the calling me dirty, I'll take it you're either Scouse, a Leeds fan or a Chelsea fan

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Has anyone else not heard any interview date from Hertfordshire yet? I applied about a month ago and received an acknowledgment email noting that they received my application, but so far of all my choices they are the only one who haven't contacted me further. So does anyone know how long between sending a letter with an interview date and the actual date Hertforshire leave? I'm just getting worried because this is one of the universities i am more eager to have an interview at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skuttlespike)
    Hey everyone,

Has anyone else not heard any interview date from Hertfordshire yet? I applied about a month ago and received an acknowledgment email noting that they received my application, but so far of all my choices they are the only one who haven't contacted me further. So does anyone know how long between sending a letter with an interview date and the actual date Hertforshire leave? I'm just getting worried because this is one of the universities i am more eager to have an interview at.
    I applied on 24th November and I received an invitation to an interview on 13 January, so it does take a while. I wouldn't worry, as far as I'm aware Hertfordshire interview everyone who applies, hence the long wait

ReputationRep:
    Sorry Skuttlespike it does take us a while, we've had a big rise in applications this year, we now have 530 applicants, so there are a lot of people to get through, and we only interview 40 a day so people get a fair chance to talk about their work. I suspect your interview will be towards the end of March. On the good side it gives you lots of time to get your portfolio in top condition because we only have 100 places - so make sure your portfolio is awesome! Good luck! If you don't hear anything within another month PM me with your real name and details and I'll ask the Admissions staff.

ReputationRep:
    Moid, how long does it usually take for you to send out rejections and offers, do you will till you have imterviewed everyone? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There's usually about a three week turnaround on official rejections / offers - personally I prefer to tell people to their face so that they are either happy, or if it's the opposite, at least I can explain what was missing or not good enough in their portfolio, so that they can hopefully take it away and improve and re apply next year. However, other lecturers prefer to do it the official way and let people know some time after the event - I should do the same myself but I remember being a student and having to wait what seemed like months for the letters to arrive (probably was months in those days, it was before the internet) and wondering if I had got in or not, and wondering how desperate I had to appear at the next interview in case I hadn't got into my main choices, so I always think if you know instantly you can plan for the future from there on whatever the result.

ReputationRep:
    Thats not too bad, they did give me a good indication on the day
    And I got a conditional from Bournemouth
    Very happy

ReputationRep:
    Got my Teesside interview this Saturday and I just want to make some things clear

What kind of questions will they ask?

How would you present your portfolio? Do you just stick your work in there and add a couple sentences explaining what it is? Or do you have to make it look nice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am ankit vajpayee from india and have faced my telphonic interview with the bournemouth university for the masters in animation today.
    I have done my graduation in animation from Birla Institute of technology, Mesra India....and i am good at modelling sculpting and texturing and i want to specialize my direction skills for which i hav already created a documentary.. during the interview i emphasized on my desire to improve my direction skills but my protfolio emphasizes on my 2D sketching, modelling and sculpting...also the interviewer asked me about what can i do there without any help.. i still answered "direction" which i feel shdnt hav been the answer.... now i am worrid if dat mite reduce my chances of getin into the university... wht should i do now... can someone guide me what other good universities i can try for...

ReputationRep:
    My Teeside interview was very relaxed. Just have some work/skethes you feel confident about and be ready to talk about. No need to add labels but present it nicely!

I have been waiting a long time for my offer as well from Bournemouth. I finally got my conditional offer from Bournemouth today as well... The offer is higher than I expected though (ABB). What offers did you get?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2018

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.