Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I’m applying to study psychology at university; I've sent of my Ucas application form to my referee and now am having second thoughts and would like to study a science degree at university. Howe ever as I would like to keep my options open is it possible to apply to 2 different courses at different universities. And would my referee be able to send my ucas application form back to me so I can amend it?

ReputationRep:
    If they haven't yet checked it then you can still edit it, you can apply to more than one type of course, but it may be hard to get your statement to work for the two subjects. However, people have been given offers for subjects unrelated to their ps.

If you can't access your application just ask your referee to send it back.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Why don't you apply to do a natural sciences degree at some unis as well as applying to do psychology at other unis? I know that durham offers a natural sciences degree. At Durham at least, psychology is one of the options within the course so your personal statement would be perfetly fine if solely geared towards psychology. However, you would have the option to take biology/ chemistry/ maths/ etc. modules once you get there (providing you have the right a levels.) Check out 'natural sciences' on ucas course search and have a look! And yes, you would need to get your referee to send your ucas thing back to you to change the courses section. You shouldn't need to change much, if anything, on you p.s. though!

Hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    Once you're studying at University you can change your course (or even switch to another university). Although as I understand it, the mechanisms are quite laborious.

Once you get to choose your options perhaps you could pay more attention to the "arts" side of Psychology as opposed to the science? You could even take modules from different courses.

As ali123 mentioned, you could apply for natural sciences. Cambrdige as well as Durham offer this degree (although I don't know who else does).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xrosiex)
    but it may be hard to get your statement to work for the two subjects. However, people have been given offers for subjects unrelated to their ps.
    You can actually send the universities a separate personal statement, but the WILL read your UCAS one and perhaps question your dedication.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.