Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Alex_K)
    It's got nothing to do with that. You are representing your school, and when you look like a moron thats the image you portray to the public about your school.

I can see why they might consider it unacceptable. Seems like a bit of a harsh punishment though.
    I like the whole choice thing more than portraying a load of toffs.

ReputationRep:
    You may well do, but evidently the school doesn't. It's their rules and if they want their students to look a certain way then it's their decision ultimately.

ReputationRep:
    Was it cos you were ginger and they didn't give a reason cos that would be gingist??

ReputationRep:
    It's the hair that mainly concerns you headmaster. If you were able to get away with it, impressionable others will be more adventurous with their hairstyle, especially younglings.

Think of it as vindication; but it is unfair.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, does look pretty f****** stupid though. And laughable.

Thanks for making me smile OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ray)
    this boy at my brother's school shaved his all off and was not allowed back until it had grown. Yet they still wanted him to represent the school in the football team. I woulda said **** them....
    thats soo krap!
    some religions require you to shave your head after certain ceromonies (if your a boy!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I like the whole choice thing more than portraying a load of toffs.
    Chavs have to be schooled somewhere I suppose.

If it's a private school, then I could see the logic. But being a state school, it is supposed to accomodate the students who come to it rather than vice-versa.

The idea that everyone in a state school is 'representing their school' is, IMO, bull****.

ReputationRep:
    omg rude boi

(Original post by Carl)
    Oops. When I said head, I meant the headmaster, not your head.

Obviously.
    :toofunny: I thought you meant his head:p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Don't like that style personally, but I don't see why colleges should be allowed to tell you it's unacceptable unless there is some safety reason (like long hair in the lab). Clearly yours isn't a safety risk.

ReputationRep:
    They probably suspended you for looking like such a 'tard.

ReputationRep:
    seeing those pictures, you should probably thank your headmaster

ReputationRep:
    ^ that just made me laugh out loud and now i'm getting weird looks.

ReputationRep:
    Just explain its not your fault you have a sh*t barber.

ReputationRep:
    i've seen worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Let's have a whip-round so that OP can get a proper haircut.
    LOL brilliant.

Of course you should be suspended, you look like a thuggish intimidating footballer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i've seen worse.
    At the zoo?

ReputationRep:
    Rules are rules.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised you've not been kicked out of the country. Why did you pay to have your head look like a shoe brush?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackLiver)
    Rules are rules.
    Don't talk balls. We don't pay taxes and charge people with certain responsibilities ON OUR BEHALF just for them to impose arbitrary restrictions on accessability without our permission.

These agents of the state are supposed to be our bloody servants.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.