The Student Room Group

law personal statement help

I'm in 5th year and going to uni next year, I recently changed what I'm applying for from Psychology/Art to Law. I really need help with what to put in my personal statement for Law because I haven't done any work experience related to Law. What should I put in it?

Thanks for any replies
Moved to PS Advice :smile:

In short, you don't need work experience but you do need to show your interest in law, such as reading books on it and talking about why they (and other things related to law) interest you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by miz98
I'm in 5th year and going to uni next year, I recently changed what I'm applying for from Psychology/Art to Law. I really need help with what to put in my personal statement for Law because I haven't done any work experience related to Law. What should I put in it?

Thanks for any replies

Hey,
I just got an offer from Warwick, York, kent and waiting on KCL! Surprise surprise however, I didnt do any 'direct' law work experience like working in a firm with solicitors etc..
To tackle this, I suggest you think about any work you have done in the past and put a law perspective on it, eg. school council, student rep, going to any conference.
I remember when I was younger I went to a democracy conference and I somehow managed to write a paragraph about the legal implications of democracy!
Law is such a broad course so you will be able to make pretty much anything work!
Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending