Turn on thread page Beta

I have this huge problem with being jealous, i HATE it when my friends talk to eachother, when my out of school friends talk to my in-school friends or when anyone talks the person that i fancy, i get so angry and worked up about it that i cry cos i just can't handle it.. how do i control it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have this huge problem with being jealous, i HATE it when my friends talk to eachother, when my out of school friends talk to my in-school friends or when anyone talks the person that i fancy, i get so angry and worked up about it that i cry cos i just can't handle it.. how do i control it???
    Ummmm..... grow up?

ReputationRep:
    Councelling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squelchy)
    Ummmm..... grow up?
    :five:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'd go with counselling. Strangely enough, "grow up" isn't that much of a flippant response - I've known similar people who did just grow out of it (myself included). Just talking about it to a friend would help - a sympathetic one who won't go "omgies u r lyk such a creepz".

ReputationRep:
    i dunno. i think if you make a deliberate effort to talk to these people, and to understand them, so you won't think their gossiping behind your back or something, or fear of being left out. once you know them, you'll know if they're capable of this, because if they start gossiping to you about someone else, they're likely to do it about you at some point. then it's decision time about whether to leave them, or just lump it and recognise it's a fact of life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

People do that i am afraid you have got to learn to live with it.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how old you are. Try not to be so limpet like, let go. Don't feel that out of school friends are your friends and your property, they are allowed to make other friends :p: You will only lose them if you get wound up about it.

ReputationRep:
    JOKE TOPIC/10'D

OLD'D

LOLZ

ROFLOL

oh btw, if this is serious then hahahahaha. Goon.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with what the others have said; it is largely to do with growing up and learning to share, it is perfectly normal to go through this jealousy phase, but, with time, it will become less and less. Try not to get too down because of it, I know that is easier said than done, but you can do it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.