The FA Cup Thread 14/15

Scroll to see replies

Arsenal still standing!
Original post by shawn_o1
Chelsea TWO
Bradford FOUR

Man City NIL
Middlesbrough TWO

I'm kind of ticked off though. How dare Middlesborough steal our shining crown of 'best 2-0 win at the Etihad' :fuhrer:
Original post by sr90
City completely disrespected Middlesborough by going to Dubai and only arriving back late yesterday, and Mourinho completely disrespected Bradford when he said it would be a 'disgrace' to lose today. Delighted to see both of them lose, at least Van Gaal respected his opponent.

I don't remember a day in the FA Cup quite like this in the 2 decades i've been following football.

Yeah. I mean Van G is a bell, but he's got a chance of winning something now with Chelsea/City/Spurs/Saints out. If he gets third, FA Cup, Hummels and Bale I might allow a second season from him. Still disappointed with it tbh.
Reply 183
Original post by sr90
It's hard to see any cupsets in that draw at all :sad:

On paper we should be beating Cambridge 8-0 but I think we'll struggle again. Nervy 2-0 win.

You were saying? :lol:
Original post by samba
You were saying? :lol:

At least I got the Cambridge part right... sort of. :colondollar:
Reply 185
Original post by sr90
At least I got the Cambridge part right... sort of. :colondollar:

This has honestly been the best day ever though man! So much lolz - If Bolton beat liverpool the icing will well and truly top the cake!
I expected Boro to get a thumping, especially with the previously dodgy second keeper playing. Great result.

And, of course, well done Bradford.
So.... teams currently in the hat for the last 16:

Blackburn
West Brom
Reading
Bradford
Derby
Middlesborough
Crystal Palace
Leicester
Liverpool or Bolton
Manchester United or Cambridge
Brighton or Arsenal
Preston or Sheffield United
Sunderland or Fulham
Rochdale or Stoke
Bristol City or West Ham

Most open FA Cup in years?
(edited 9 years ago)
Only three prem clubs through so far, all relegation candidates - great chance for a championship side here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Intrigued by the press reaction to City's loss. Had a break in Dubai and came back ridiculously late and got dumped 2-0 by Boro, who tbf to them, are doing well in the Championship. Just relieved it wasn't United who got KO'd yesterday having returned late from a break in Dubai. LVG would have got slaughtered (if he hasn't already for the draw yesterday)
Well, unless any of them are drawn against each other next round, the semi-final draw could easily be
Liverpool
Manchester United
Arsenal
West Ham
Might back the Leicester FA Cup/Relegation punt ala Wigan tbf
Good draw at anfield. Defended the box well, had a few lucky breaks and probably didn't test Mignolet as we would have liked too. Can't wait for the replay. Definitely getting tickets
Villa to beat Bournemouth tomorrow. I crave a fifth round away fixture with a tonne of us going down
Lot of people misspelling Middlesbrough, what's that all about?

Thrilled about the result, 2-0 away to City is excellent, even despite our so far great season I wouldn't have imagined it :smile:
Wow, well done to Boro and Bradford especially - doing league one proud!

Chesterfield unlucky to lose 2-0 to Derby today - thought we at least deserved a replay. Only 45 mins down the road but there was an (almost) instant sell out crowd of 5700 Spireites at the iPro today.
Original post by neal95
Villa to beat Bournemouth tomorrow. I crave a fifth round away fixture with a tonne of us going down

Villa couldn't score in a brothel at the moment, whereas Bournemouth are on top form. I see Villa being the next PL team to drop out.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Villa couldn't score in a brothel at the moment, whereas Bournemouth are on top form. I see Villa being the next PL team to drop out.

Eddie Howe may rest a lot of players again like he did against Liverpool. If he plays his first team they'll probably win though.
Watching MOTD, Blackburn don't deserve a football team if the attendance is THAT low, bet it's packed with 'loyal fans' in the next round.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Watching MOTD, Blackburn don't deserve a football team if the attendance is THAT low, bet it's packed with 'loyal fans' in the next round.

Read this, and made a little prediction to myself - I went for 12,000. Looked it up and genuinely amazed to find it was 5,928. Shocking.

Quick Reply

Latest