Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Something slightly humerous about a guy called Squelchy being intrigued with anal sex. :laugh:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sssh)
    Grr...you're just playing devil's advocate, trying to stir things up.

Everyone has a right to love and to be loved and no laws should ever curtail this!
    Of course I am. I just dislike people saying that other cultures are "backward" when clearly they think what they do is right, we think what we do is right, and no one has any proof or justification for one being more right than the other because everyone is biased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    My point was, how do you know they're backwards, and it's not us who are backwards and brainwashed? Although, judging from this response, you'll probably just quote a section from our ("non-backwards") human rights and claim that it couldn't possibly be otherwise. Completely circular argument.
    Because it's a matter of personal freedom, and freedom cannot be considered backwards if it doesnt hurt others?

ReputationRep:
    We were taught in sociology [Dont ask me why!] around the subject of families and homosexuality. And we read loads of stuff about it.l And the latest law states that it is legal between consenting adults at 18. NOT 16, and like someone said its 17 in N.I.

hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eXis)
    We were taught in sociology [Dont ask me why!] around the subject of families and homosexuality. And we read loads of stuff about it.l And the latest law states that it is legal between consenting adults at 18. NOT 16, and like someone said its 17 in N.I.

hope that helps.
    when was your text book published? the law of consent was equalised in 2001

ReputationRep:
    God knows. I'll have a look later. It was pretty new tho. 2003 ish, if i remember.

ReputationRep:
    well then the author needs to check his research
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by samba)
    Because it's a matter of personal freedom, and freedom cannot be considered backwards if it doesnt hurt others?
    It is a matter of opinion whether a lack of freedom is "backward". Some cultures would say freedom was "backward", and one step from anarchy.

ReputationRep:
    It is a matter of opinion whether a lack of freedom is "backward". Some cultures would say freedom was "backward", and one step from anarchy.
    Is it? Keep a chicken in an egg and watch it grow nice and fat? Keep a baby in a mothers tummy and it wont survive? Starve anything of oxygen and space and they wont survive...

put somebody in prison and they cant develop...development requires freedom.

Therefore less freedom makes a country less developed in general

Making them more backwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is gross!

Apart from the obvious hygiene issues, it's an exit, not an entrance!

There are so many more diseases that can be caught through anal sex, than straight forward vaginal sex, not to mention you can still transmit std's this way.

I can't believe so many of you think this is normal. Any bloke who wants to participate in this must have some gay tendencies.

As previously mentioned, it is legal between 2 consenting adults (over 16). But until a few years back it was still illegal in this country even between married couples. If you want to do it, fine, but think about what you are doing to your body. If you research what can happen, it might put you off.
    :dito:

I would never do a girl up the ass. Let alone a bloke :vomit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Is it? Keep a chicken in an egg and watch it grow nice and fat? Keep a baby in a mothers tummy and it wont survive? Starve anything of oxygen and space and they wont survive...

put somebody in prison and they cant develop...development requires freedom.

Therefore less freedom makes a country less developed in general

Making them more backwards
    Many people have fought and died for freedom - so you've got to assume that it is an ultimate desire...

But then you've got to ask if they fought for themselves or whether they were told to and had no choice....:confused:

ReputationRep:
    My point was, how do you know they're backwards, and it's not us who are backwards and brainwashed? Although, judging from this response, you'll probably just quote a section from our ("non-backwards") human rights and claim that it couldn't possibly be otherwise. Completely circular argument.
    Forbidding expressions of love and pleasure is not progressive.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it's not illegal at all. in england it's 16/18 i think,but in wales it's 18 to have anal sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    Forbidding expressions of love and pleasure is not progressive.
    Incest? Relations betweening consenting minors and an adult? Bestiality? Although generally I beleive freedom to be a good thing, it is narrow minded to consider other opinions to be wrong because they differ from your own.

ReputationRep:
    The age of consent for anal sex, between 2 men or a man and a woman, is 16 in the UK (except for Northern Ireland).
    To people who think it's gross: well don't do it then. I personally will never go near a vagina but do you hear me complaining?

ReputationRep:
    When it was illegal, how was it enforced? :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    irrigation and a condom can sort out the 'disgustingness' part of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    irrigation and a condom can sort out the 'disgustingness' part of it
    Precisely. With the right person it's awesome
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by paddylad)
    Precisely. With the right person it's awesome
    :ditto:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    he's gay love...i'm assuming by the last bold comment...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.