Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So i've done my Personal Statment and have all reports from my teachers but now have a problem. Im applying for Financial/Management courses and took part in a business type scheme and really want the woman who helped our company, to write me out a report of some sort. I also wanted an ex-business teacher to write a report. Reason for this is that both of these people have/are in high end jobs and they both new my real passion and thought i had a little extra spark.

Now the problem is that i found out i cant have these reports added with my application because its all computerised now? Is this true as im really desperate to include them to push me over the edge. Surely there must be a way or possibly having my form teacher including quotes from the two in his report or maybe sending the reports directly to the Uni's and asking it to be considered along with my application being sent via UCAS?

I really badly want these included so information and help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You can send additional stuff directly to the unis, but do ask them first if they'll consider it.

ReputationRep:
    I asked my tutor if it would be possible for him to include details of my GCSE results, relative to the rest of my year and school in general. He was more than happy to include this information, barring the fact that he knew nothing of my High School education, or even if this claim was true. You're probably best off asking your Tutor about the possiblity of getting this information included within your reference.

If not, then as Juno stated you can simply send this information directly to your prospective university course deparments/admissions offices.

ReputationRep:
    Well the one i was worrying about was LSE and having a quick check on thier site, i've found out they welcome extra documents. So big relief there!! Will have a chat with my teachers but the ones taking care of applications are less than helpfull (they hate me from my Yr8/Yr9 days lol). But my form teacher really helps me a lot so i'll ask him. Having helpfull and kind teachers really does make such a gigantic difference.

ReputationRep:
    Referee's what? You use an apostrophe but I think you mean a plural. :confused:

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.