Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woodlebert)
    what a stupid thread.

of course all men cheat.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydigity)
    Seriously lads tell the truth, do all men cheat?
    Only when we're with you.

ReputationRep:
    my last 2 b/f's cheated on me

ReputationRep:
    are you guys trying to imply that men (and women) are not monogamous by nature?

SHABBA!!

ReputationRep:
    Since we've established elsewhere not all men have sex in their lifes, it is impossible for all men to cheat.

And, no - ofcourse they ****ing dont.

ReputationRep:
    Well, a woman needs a man to provide shelter and bring food while she's looking after the baby. A man needs to impregnate as many women as possible to ensure his DNA is carried on.

Surprisingly little changes in thousands of years.

ReputationRep:
    Not all.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

However the older i get, the less it seems appealing.

ReputationRep:
    I cheated in a maths test once.

ReputationRep:
    Yay for intelligence-challenged people on the interweb.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoryuken)
    Would I cheat on my girlfriend now? No.

Have I cheated on girlfriends in the past? Yes.

Is my girlfriend now more suited to me than any other? Who knows.

The difference? Purely my state of mind. Previously I thought I was 'missing out' on 'the single life'. I'd not been single from the age of 15-18, having had a relationship all through that time. After a lovely chunk of 'the single life', I've come to the realisation that it's not as great as most advocates of it tout... I much prefer the state of being in a relationship, particularly the relationship I have now.

My girlfriend wonders why I don't trust the intentions of 'male friends'. It's based purely on the fact 99% of the men I know are fully prepared to cheat on their girlfriends. Hell, I even know housemates that have slept with each other's gf despite claims of being 'best friends'. Men are dirty *******s, end of.

It's not 100% accurate, but www.laddertheory.com speaks a lot of truth...
    the ladder website above is very honest and true! except for the bit about saving sex for marriage being 'silly and anachronistic' :mad:

i read in a numebr of womens mags that 70% of married people cheat.

i am reasonable attractive, have done some work in modelling, however i am religious and do not wish to have sex outside of marriage. my 3 previous boyfriends have all cheated on me, generally they were drunken one night stands or affaris with hoes, i thnk they just did it because they could get it elsewhere. i'm not self glorifying, but my suggestion to you is not to sleep with any guy until he loves you enough to marry you.
    by my method, my 3 loser guys were only after sex and cheated on me. however i have not lost anything as i did not sleep with them.
    if men really are motivated by sex, then a guy who is willing to wait for a year or more to get married to you to be with you forever shows good self control and as he (hopefully) hasnt ever slept with a girl other than his future wife in his life, then chances are, he will not sleep with another woman hence you have a faithful husband! if a man has many sexual partners for years before marriage, what makes you think you can change him after marriage?

cconclusion: guys and gals! respect each other, save sex for marriage! this will make you faithful through the grace of God!

ReputationRep:
    Men cheat.

Women cheat.

Not all males cheat, just like all females don't.

ReputationRep:
    what a stupid thread, its like asking are all cloud in the sky white?

no not all guys cheat, i never have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    conclusion: guys and gals! respect each other, save sex for marriage! this will make you faithful through the grace of God!
    oh go away, can you not make one post without spouting that drivel, I respect your beliefs but stop shoving it down everyones throats. The vast majority do not shre that archaic view of yours. We enjoy sex so for the gods sake just let us
    By your own admission you said that 70% of married people cheat therefore youve just defeated your own argument. being married doesnt stop cheating

ReputationRep:
    A lot of men cheat, I'd say more than women. The key is to spot the ones most likely to cheat before going near them. Cheaters tend to have certain things about their personality that's missing. Or things that non-cheaters don't have. Things you wouldn't find desirable in a meaningful relationship anyway. When people get past the "omg hes hot i want!!" attitude they start to be able to pick them out. Those hot dudes are usually the most sexually motivated and that makes them more likely to cheat. Ofcourse not all hot dudes are bad.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually think this thread is that stupid, I mean obviously not aaalllll men cheat, but I do wonder how high the percentage is. All of my ex's have cheated in the past (only one cheated on me tho), and a lot of my male friends have cheated, they were young, or it didnt mean that much or what ever, but I do think it's a fairly common thing to have happened at some point in a males life, maybe I only know w*nkers

ReputationRep:
    I would never ever ever etc cheat!
    And I agree with shinytoy I'd only want sex in marriage however "anachronistic" it is

ReputationRep:
    All human beings cheat, one way or another. Either physically or then emotionally. In the words of the famous Sienna Miller: "Monogamy is an overrated virtue, because, let's face it, we're *****ing animals."

ReputationRep:
    not all boys. my tom would never dream of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squigaletta)
    I don't actually think this thread is that stupid, I mean obviously not aaalllll men cheat, but I do wonder how high the percentage is. All of my ex's have cheated in the past (only one cheated on me tho), and a lot of my male friends have cheated, they were young, or it didnt mean that much or what ever, but I do think it's a fairly common thing to have happened at some point in a males life, maybe I only know w*nkers
    or maybe they didnt **** enough? :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.