Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    why on earth would you think that all guys cheat

Some of these threads really do puzzle me

ReputationRep:
    My favourite response so far to my post
    "Only when we're with you"! I love it.

To clarify, I dont mean that all men cheat, stupid to title it this way I suppose. I mean to say that do you think that a way higher proportion of guys cheat versus girls. Very few of my female friends have cheated, while on the other hand loads of guys I know have. What made me write this is that one friend of mine was talking about getting off with some girl in a club, etc. I really dont think it was just bravado. Thing is he's not your average love-rat, player. He's the last guy on this earth you'd expect to cheat. Basically he's completely whipped!And is so lovey-duvey with his GF.
    I know that this' totally anectodal and doesn't represent every guy on the planet btw. And Admidttedly, most of these cases aren't calculated, they involve alcohol!

ReputationRep:
    apparently guys only cheat if they think their gurlfriend is gonna cheat on them. so they get in there first.
    thats what my boyfriend told me the other day anyways..

x

ReputationRep:
    where do all these strange ideas come from?

guys dont just cheat because they think their girlfriend is going to cheat on them....

Im gonna head down to my local viaduct now

ReputationRep:
    I expect its roughly the same proportion of guys and girls....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I would never ever ever etc cheat!
    And I agree with shinytoy I'd only want sex in marriage however "anachronistic" it is
    good for you! VIRGIN POWER!!:p:

does anyone/everyone agree that more males cheat than women? do you think it is hormonal to do with testosterone that sewing wild oats means more kids and therefore more chance of the population continuing? any other theories? i dont for one minute think it is to do with men's playa culture or that man are less moral than women - im sure there must be a chemical or hormonal reason for the difference. i mean why are there more polygamous cultutres allowing many wives, but no ones allowing a wife many husbands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    i mean why are there more polygamous cultutres allowing many wives, but no ones allowing a wife many husbands?
    Sexual diamorphism - those societies have historic roots, hence its related to strength.etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydigity)
    Seriously lads tell the truth, do all men cheat? not nessecarily anything beyond a kiss etc., but i my experience (not with guys I've gone out with) all guys cheat! Im sorry to stereotype etc and I knolw that's not fair, but if you are a virtuous. loyal bf, speak up for yourself!
    In all sincerity, if thought you'd get away with it, would you cheat on your girlfriend? :knuddel:
    Yes, because you being with a few guys accounts for the billions out there.

Smart, clever girl.

ReputationRep:
    good for you! VIRGIN POWER!!:p:

does anyone/everyone agree that more males cheat than women? do you think it is hormonal to do with testosterone that sewing wild oats means more kids and therefore more chance of the population continuing? any other theories? i dont for one minute think it is to do with men's playa culture or that man are less moral than women - im sure there must be a chemical or hormonal reason for the difference. i mean why are there more polygamous cultutres allowing many wives, but no ones allowing a wife many husbands?
    for every guy that cheats there is a woman doing the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    not all boys. my tom would never dream of it.
    *giggles* ahem.

What game is your avatar from? I remember it from years ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyJJ)

What game is your avatar from? I remember it from years ago!
    Wasn't it Dizzy?! Lol. Loved that game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebbie)
    for every guy that cheats there is a woman doing the same...
    not necessarily. if you mean what i think you mean, eg a man cheating needs a woman to cheat with, this is incorrect as that woman may be 100% single and assume the man is too. he may not tell that girl that he already has a girlfriend.

i know more girls who have been cheated on than guys, and it seems to be so for most on this thread. however i do not see how these men could be socially conditioned to be bad, surely is biological that htey need regular change of partner, yes?

ReputationRep:
    yes?
    not unless you're about to start agreeing with evolution, no.

ReputationRep:
    The simple answer would be, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel83)
    Wasn't it Dizzy?! Lol. Loved that game!
    Haha! Brilliant! That's the one.

We had it on the Amiga.

Old skool!

ReputationRep:
    Its obvious that the girls in this thread (who've been cheated on, not all of you ) are choosing morons as boy friends and therefore this decisions clearly reflects on your choices regarding relationships and generally you as a person. Its called TRUST! I wouldn't dream of cheating on my girlfriend, why would I chance loosing her!? It annoys me that you are generalising men, exaggerating the situation, which of course most women have a habit of doing.

If someone cheated on you then it obviously wasn't meant to be. Stop ****ing about and blaming men in general and find someone who actually gives a dam about you, even with your shallow minded views of the opposite sex.

I of course mean no offence to any one, but I'm tired of being tarred with the same brush because some guy can't keep in it in his pants and some girl can't manage to find a decent guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopa)
    Its obvious that the girls in this thread (who've been cheated on, not all of you ) are choosing morons as boy friends and therefore this decisions clearly reflects on your choices regarding relationships and generally you as a person. Its called TRUST! I wouldn't dream of cheating on my girlfriend, why would I chance loosing her!? It annoys me that you are generalising men, exaggerating the situation, which of course most women have a habit of doing.

If someone cheated on you then it obviously wasn't meant to be. Stop ****ing about and blaming men in general and find someone who actually gives a dam about you, even with your shallow minded views of the opposite sex.

I of course mean no offence to any one, but I'm tired of being tarred with the same brush because some guy can't keep in it in his pants and some girl can't manage to find a decent guy.
    but honestly, if you were stone drunk and a really hot girl, much hotter than your gf came onto you, wouldnt you feel to secretly cheat?

but i think maybe despite biology, men like this guy and catholic preists and decent christian/muslim men who can keep it in their pants, they must be more stronger morally than women due to the testosterone. i do not think social factors are important, as many guys who cheat have sisters who would not

ReputationRep:
    To be honest no. I couldnt live with myself after. Knowing I'd been with someone else every time I looked into my girlfriends eyes would kill me. I just think its the stability of the relationship and the trust in one another that keeps it together with people.

When you care for someone, there are no "hotter" girls out there. Theres the one and only girl you care for and as long as the trust is strong, that feeling never goes away.

Its just the way I feel, I don't care if any one knocks that.

ReputationRep:
    why if a married man has a mistress on the side, does he get mad if the mistress cheats on him? ditto for cheating guys with multiple gfs - why will he be mad if they do the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopa)
    I just think its the stability of the relationship and the trust in one another that keeps it together with people.
    Or, conversely you could argue that you dont know how stable your relationship is sexually if you have not experienced other partners, otherwise the overwhelming emotion of sex could cloud other things which may not be so hunky-dory.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.