How to get an A/A* in AQA History A Level?

Watch
anonwinner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys, I'm looking for advice on how to get top marks in History A level. I find other subjects, such as maths, really easy to revise for because you just practice methods and memorise formulas etc. until you get all the questions correct. For history I'm not really sure how to revise and I only got a B at AS and I really want to get either an A or maybe even an A* overall. Any general tips for revising for AQA history or exam tips? In the exam I have to answer two 45 mark questions in 90 minutes. There is also some coursework which I'm pretty confident with, it's more the exam that I'm worrying about.
anonwinner
Rep:
?
bump
RussmanG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What units are you studying for the exam and coursework?
anonwinner
Rep:
?
(Original post by RussmanG)
What units are you studying for the exam and coursework?
For the exam I am studying Unit 3K - Triumph and Collapse: Russia and the USSR, 1941-1991.

For the coursework I am studying India and Gandhi.
RussmanG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by anonwinner)
For the exam I am studying Unit 3K - Triumph and Collapse: Russia and the USSR, 1941-1991.

For the coursework I am studying India and Gandhi.
Ah, I'm doing the same exam. The only thing you can do is get as many answers marked by your teachers early on, so you can revise from them next summer i spose?
anonwinner
Rep:
?
(Original post by RussmanG)
Ah, I'm doing the same exam. The only thing you can do is get as many answers marked by your teachers early on, so you can revise from them next summer i spose?
Okay thanks for the advice. Also, other than the textbook, are there any other resources you use for revision? And in regards to the exam, how many words do you think you should write for a 45 mark question?
CBftw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I do AQA History AS Level, how did you revise & get that B? I'm really struggling atm, so much so that I'm pretty much sure I'm gonna drop it at A2.

Thanks
anonwinner
Rep:
?
(Original post by CBftw)
Hey, I do AQA History AS Level, how did you revise & get that B? I'm really struggling atm, so much so that I'm pretty much sure I'm gonna drop it at A2.

Thanks
Hey. I looked at past paper questions and made notes on how I would answer them and then I looked at mark schemes to see if I had missed anything. My revision was very minimal and rushed though so I wouldn't take advice from me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (211)
74.82%
No (71)
25.18%

Watched Threads