Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone going to UCL?!?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Am gonna be studying law there hopefully. Just wanted to talk to people who r floating in the same boat.

Hey cool, you must have gotten an AAA offer from them right?

I too am doing Law but at Leicester. Heh, finally someone else in the forums who is doing Law as well.

My first choice is also UCL! I really liked it after seeing the Open Day. My offer is ABB, so should be pretty easy to get (I hope I hope I hope!! lol) I'm doing Biological Sciences though.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wanna do law at UCL as well. Need AAA though sooo not sure if ill get that especially after p3, but hope i do!

ReputationRep:
    yep, UCL is a great place. I looked at Cambridge, Imperial and UCL and liked UCL the most. I hope to be studying computer science there. think its like the best or second best for Law

has anyone who has applied to ucl, sent their accomodation form late? they said it should be sent by 31st may

ReputationRep:
    I got my preliminary reading list the other day. Kinda brings it home. We're going to uni! Better get into UCL now otherwise that will have been a waste of £21

Originally posted by Toyosi
    I got my preliminary reading list the other day. Kinda brings it home. We're going to uni! Better get into UCL now otherwise that will have been a waste of £21
    I'm doing Law too, would you mind posting up your reading list?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got my reading list as well, sooo much to do!

ReputationRep:
    I bought Learning the Law by Glanville Williams. 12th edition published by Sweet & Maxwell and Sword and Scales: an examination of the relationship between law and politics by Martin Loughlin. They also sent me a copy of Felix Cohens dialogue on the meaning of property. Pretty sure I won't understand any of them but there u go.

Cheers.

Phew. I thought they sent you a list of 1st year university law textbooks and materials to sieve through!

how come history is only BCC?

ReputationRep:
    There isn't as much competition for history places so they don't need to raise the grades so high. Not really fair cause I'm sure history's just as hard but there you go. Anyone else worried about the level of competitiveness in law. Thinking about future prospects is kinda depressing.

Hey, I also recieved an offer....AAAB which i doubt ill make....i hope i do though..

does anyone know where i can find a copy of the felix cohen dialogue online? i have bought glanville williams and sword & scales but is there anything else i need that was on the list?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't they send you a copy of the dialogue? U might be able to find it using a search engine. There's nothing else on the list. Haven't even remotely finished reading any of them which doesn't bode well. Reading the Learning The Law one's pretty pointless at the mo cause you need to have started the course to know what the hell most of its on about.

(Original post by Toyosi)
    Reading the Learning The Law one's pretty pointless at the mo cause you need to have started the course to know what the hell most of its on about.
    I don't really like that book. I've read some of it and the I think for a start, the language and expression used is somewhat unnecessarily convoluted in some aspects - like come on, it starts off in somewhere on the first page in the first chapter like "I did not, however, intend to proselytise when I wrote". Uhh, not very reader friendly words. I can understand the use of such expressions in academic textbooks but this ain't; it's merely an introductory book for new law students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vin)
    I don't really like that book. I've read some of it and the I think for a start, the language and expression used is somewhat unnecessarily convoluted in some aspects - like come on, it starts off in somewhere on the first page in the first chapter like "I did not, however, intend to proselytise when I wrote". Uhh, not very reader friendly words. I can understand the use of such expressions in academic textbooks but this ain't; it's merely an introductory book for new law students.
    You should be grateful! If the law was written in plain English we wouldn't need lawyers .

ReputationRep:
    I know. I've come to realise that lawyers and judges are just translators. Its totally dumb. Why laws just say what they want to say instead of being so vague ( and seemingly in half latin ).

i just found this page really ra ndomly。。。
    i am going to UCL to study Law a s well。。。

UCL is a great place to do law. Congratulations if you have all met your offers, you won't regret it. But the course is demanding - make no mistake !! :-) Take it from someone who has done two years of it.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.