Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Socky)
    I just spent the whole morning reading through all the letters & stuff from UCL (I've just come back from holiday so had a huge pile waiting for me!). I'm so excited!! at the same time kinda scared because some of my classes are so big (300 students...) whereas I come from a small school which had 12 people in the 6form - talk about change of environments! Anyway, the point of this message is about societies!
    Does anyone know what societies they're gonna join? How many are we allowed to join? and what are the costs? Also, I read in "the little purple guide" that we can have a "try" week or 2, where we get a taste of the societies... how does that work? do u still have to pay for those? There are about 15 societies that seem really cool to me! Can I really try them all!?
    I think you can join as many as you like. The really big and active ones are like the Debating Society.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone ive spoken to has said they got info on freshers week, but i havent got any yet, is this because i got into ucl through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    how come history is only BCC?
    It's AAA-ABB numb nut!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to do Maths with Modern Langauges but there's no chance of me getting in! It's the only course I wanna do since I can change between Italian and Japanese after each term!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    well that's encouraging..... is there nothing good about UCL? I'm scared now! I'm going to that prison hole in less than a month! :'(
    Don't worry about it, my grilfriend was in that hall and she had the craic. Anyway it's what you do when you're in London that matters. I'm sure you'll have a good time at UC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul)
    yeah i wanna do law at UCL as well. Need AAA though sooo not sure if ill get that especially after p3, but hope i do!
    Hi i wanna do law at ucl too, u got an offer from them yet?

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.