Where to ask statistics advice for project

Watch this thread
LolzWhatIsThis
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I'm doing a Mech Eng degree but there is one part of my project which requires me to decide what type of statistical analysis to use. As I've got little experience in statistics (only done one module during my time in uni), I'm not too sure how to go about with this problem. My project supervisor is also abroad a lot of the time so it's hard to ask him questions when I run into problems, especially as term is ending very soon.

Anyway, where would be best place to ask for help elsewhere? If somebody can help me with the statistics problem, I will just edit this post with what my experiment involves in my project, or PM.

Thanks

Edit: Should say that I have already tried to look at some similar experiments done in the past but I can't get my head around it. I think a regression can be useful? I really dont know haha...
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!
TheGrinningSkull
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LolzWhatIsThis)
Hi,

I'm doing a Mech Eng degree but there is one part of my project which requires me to decide what type of statistical analysis to use. As I've got little experience in statistics (only done one module during my time in uni), I'm not too sure how to go about with this problem. My project supervisor is also abroad a lot of the time so it's hard to ask him questions when I run into problems, especially as term is ending very soon.

Anyway, where would be best place to ask for help elsewhere? If somebody can help me with the statistics problem, I will just edit this post with what my experiment involves in my project, or PM.

Thanks

Edit: Should say that I have already tried to look at some similar experiments done in the past but I can't get my head around it. I think a regression can be useful? I really dont know haha...
Could it be useful to ask someone from the maths department perhaps at your uni? If you have such schemes where maths students can help out? They might be more equipped to guide you further.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads