Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I plan to be a social worker (like voluntary job helping sick, old, etc.. ), but where do you think is best to work

hospital
    home for aged
    those mentally handicapped school

or others (give me some recommendation)

thnak you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etomac)
    I plan to be a social worker (like voluntary job helping sick, old, etc.. ), but where do you think is best to work

hospital
    home for aged

thnak you
    thought about charity organisations like oxfem? they always need people.

ReputationRep:
    site?
    what do they do..?

btw should i do those cuz the uni may think that i m just acting to be helpful

ReputationRep:
    site?
    what do they do..?

btw should i do those cuz the uni may think that i m just acting to be helpful
    site??

no oxfem is a charity organisation. they have shops all over the country that needs people. or you could think of some way to raise money- eg. walks.

alwyas looks good on your CV

ReputationRep:
    there are 2 months (9 weeks) for summer holidays
    1 week for work experience
    1 month for social work and stuff (like 1-3 times per week)
    1 week going out for an independent life in some country (should i write that in personal statement)
    and spend 1 month for P2 and 1 month for P3 (maths A level modules)
    and finally 2 weeks for WCG (World Cyber Games HK section)

ReputationRep:
    are you in UNI now?

ReputationRep:
    yr12

ReputationRep:

hospital
    home for aged

thnak you
    How about a Help The Aged charity shop? You can volunteer for as few hours per week as you like, you get experience of working in retail so learn useful skills, you are doing something good for charity and you will most likely encounter lots of elderly people!

ReputationRep:
    then just dow hatever you think is worthwhile. if you wanna help other people then whatever you do is good.

oxfem is just an example, pretty much all charity organisations dont have enough people to help out.

but if you want to make money then get a job somewhere else.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.