The Student Room Group

Get Stoned in 2015: Weight Loss

I did one of these last year through another internet forum I am a part of, basically the aim is for you to lose at least one stone, in 2015, and then to keep it off. Obviously for some people losing a stone would be next to nothing, but would hopefully enable them to maintain the discipline to keep going, whereas for others, they might just be looking to lose that final stone healthily, and in a way that means you won't put it back on the second you start starving yourself.

Basically we would look for a weight on or around Jan 1st, you can share it here, or not bother, that's up to you, but for some posting the weight here will help motivate them and mean that others can cheer you on as you progress.

Anyone who wants to join in, please feel free to post here!

Last year I took part in this, I was 14 Stone 4lbs on Jan 1st, I am now 12 Stone 11lbs (having gained a lot of lean mass)... A lot fitter, and a lot healthier than I was a year ago...

So feel free to sign up before the new year!

Here is how I propose it works,

You can either
a) Post your weight in here, we can then all track your progress
b) Post your weight to me privately, I will have everyones progress in a spreadsheet, and I will then include you on the updates
c) Post your weight to me privately, and not be included in updates, but I could generate you a random number eg Participant 22
d) Just do it yourself!

We will then look to get weekly updates to track progress!

Update:

Jan 1:

Huskaris - 13 Stone 2lbs - 13St 1lb - Jan 10: 13St 1lb - Loss: 1lb
pinkpenguin - 13 Stone 3lbs
xoxAngel_Kxox - 10 Stone 5lbs
DeadGirlsDance - 9 Stone 7lbs
lou_100 - 8 Stone 7lbs
hermitthefrog - 9st 3lbs
A Mysterious Lord - 12 Stone 12lbs
TheTipsyTarsier - 9 Stone
Slowbro - 14st 9lb
blaq_widow - 10st 2lb
UPSDGoat - 19st 3lb
Odd Socks - 11st 1lb
Reptilian - 12st 2lbs
myblueheaven339 13st 13lbs - Jan 10: 13St 10lbs - Loss 3lbs
Robo donkey - 14st
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hmm this seems like a pretty good motivator...so long as the trolls don't come out the woodwork and start insulting people's weights.
Reply 2
Original post by Huskaris
I did one of these last year through another internet forum I am a part of, basically the aim is for you to lose at least one stone, in 2015, and then to keep it off. Obviously for some people losing a stone would be next to nothing, but would hopefully enable them to maintain the discipline to keep going, whereas for others, they might just be looking to lose that final stone healthily, and in a way that means you won't put it back on the second you start starving yourself.

Basically we would look for a weight on or around Jan 1st, you can share it here, or not bother, that's up to you, but for some posting the weight here will help motivate them and mean that others can cheer you on as you progress.

Anyone who wants to join in, please feel free to post here!

Last year I took part in this, I was 14 Stone 4lbs on Jan 1st, I am now 12 Stone 11lbs (having gained a lot of lean mass)... A lot fitter, and a lot healthier than I was a year ago...

So feel free to sign up before the new year!

Well done for losing that much! I want to shift my weight to 7st 6lbs within three months.. That's the plan, anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SophieSmall
Hmm this seems like a pretty good motivator...so long as the trolls don't come out the woodwork and start insulting people's weights.

I don't think they will to be honest, and if you want we can keep it confidential, I will do it on a spreadsheet and simply state your weight loss!

Original post by JodieW
Well done for losing that much! I want to shift my weight to 7st 6lbs within three months.. That's the plan, anyway.

How much of a loss would that be? :smile: Good luck!
I don't think I should lose more weight :lol:

Fat however... Need to lose a tiny bit of that.
Planning to do this so may as well make it official :tongue:
Original post by Slowbro93
Planning to do this so may as well make it official :tongue:

Good luck! How much you planning to lose?
Original post by College_Dropout
Good luck! How much you planning to lose?

About a stone and a half, want to get to mid 80s as I have a groundfighting contest in March :yep:
I want to lose roughly half a stone, which will hopefully make me able to run a bit faster, so count me in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Huskaris
I don't think they will to be honest, and if you want we can keep it confidential, I will do it on a spreadsheet and simply state your weight loss!

How much of a loss would that be? :smile: Good luck!

A stone! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year at this time I was 18 stone 6lbs. I'm now 12 stone 4lbs. I keep plateauing coming down on the weight so kinda shows I'm controlling it in a fashion.
Reply 11
Any good weight loss tips? :smile:
Original post by tmahmud
Any good weight loss tips? :smile:

Do what the title says.
Stats. 12.9 stone. 6ft.

I always struggle to get below 80kg I just can't do it. It's literally the final stone I need to get off so whenever I stop exercising I just float around. I think it's a case of just doing more exercise and more consistently. When I'm at the gym or cycling I'm always doing a good exercise. I think I need a home gym.
Reply 14
Original post by jam277
Stats. 12.9 stone. 6ft.

I always struggle to get below 80kg I just can't do it. It's literally the final stone I need to get off so whenever I stop exercising I just float around. I think it's a case of just doing more exercise and more consistently. When I'm at the gym or cycling I'm always doing a good exercise. I think I need a home gym.

80kg for your height is fine bro - besides.. muscles weighs more than fat so it will be harder to get below 80kg.
Original post by SHOO
80kg for your height is fine bro - besides.. muscles weighs more than fat so it will be harder to get below 80kg.

True I need a bit more muscle. I do think that when I go to the gym I lose weight, problem is as soon as I get to 80kg I stop, if I could do 4 days a week consistently I could definitely lose some more weight and gain muscle too.
Reply 16
Original post by jam277
True I need a bit more muscle. I do think that when I go to the gym I lose weight, problem is as soon as I get to 80kg I stop, if I could do 4 days a week consistently I could definitely lose some more weight and gain muscle too.

Yeah man, I need to start going again too. I got into such good shape a few months back and then I started working overtime and with my disso and what not, I just wasn't bothered to go gym. I'm 5ft 11 and weigh like 80kg. I really wanted to build my way up to perhaps 87kg, maybe 90 (if i'm reaaaaally pushing it) but it gets so much harder past the 80kg mark.
Would anyone else be keen to do before and after pics? Was thinking of taking a before pic tomorrow as it's going to be my first day back on the healthy eating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hermitthefrog
Would anyone else be keen to do before and after pics? Was thinking of taking a before pic tomorrow as it's going to be my first day back on the healthy eating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought that was the whole point of this.
Original post by SHOO
Yeah man, I need to start going again too. I got into such good shape a few months back and then I started working overtime and with my disso and what not, I just wasn't bothered to go gym. I'm 5ft 11 and weigh like 80kg. I really wanted to build my way up to perhaps 87kg, maybe 90 (if i'm reaaaaally pushing it) but it gets so much harder past the 80kg mark.

Fair enough. I like the light but strong type of guy.
(edited 9 years ago)
I dont need to loose much weight I dont think 7.5 stone (5ft 1/2 female) but I definitely need to tone up and more improtantly, improve my fitness as I've started to breathe heavily :'(

Quick Reply

Latest