beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello, could anyone give me some advice with Biology please? (Don't read on if not)

I didn't think that I had to be writing notes whilst going along so now I have to write up notes for half of the AS course (We will have completed Unit 1 by Christmas and we will be doing Unit 2 next year and then it's exam time). I have no way of escaping writing all of these notes because on the one quarter of the course (I have two teachers, so I am referring to one half of Unit 1) the teacher gives really **** handouts which I have thrown in the bin, all of them. And the booklets which the other teacher gives I have completely chopped up to summarise, I did this for everything we've done with her and I've realised it isn't helpful. So I have no other option than to write out my own notes in an A4 refill pad using the textbook and my remaining class notes together. I am aiming to have finished by January so then when I start HBIO2 in January I'm not still catching up and I can focus on Unit 2.

Once I have done this, I will use the A4 Project books to refer to when revising, because if it comes to exam season and I think 'okay, time to make some revision resources'.. all I will have is the textbook if I don't make these notes.

I'm going to start making revision resources for HBIO1 in January i.e. flash cards, youtube summary videos, I'm gonna do 2 past papers in the next week ready for the mock and 1 over Christmas, after doing them I will mark them with the mark scheme and make notes using the examiner's report and I will refer back to this to help improve exam technique.

When I feel like I've revised a few topics enough to completely understand everything I need to know for them, I will start passively revising them from the CGP revision guide and get on with the things I'm struggling with.

What do you think? Is this a good action plan? Is it feasible? Any criticisms/ideas/tips?

Thanks very much. Image
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by TSR Learn Together)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
thanks a lot. vm apprécié
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads