Turn on thread page Beta

Parents have thrown me out after i start seeing older man watch

ReputationRep:
    I really seriously doubt the objectives of this thread

I think putting all your eggs in a basket with a guy probably older than your own father is rediculous! Your still growing and hes probably shrinking!

ReputationRep:
    This situation is just mental (assuming it's not a windup).
    Kirstinx's situation is very different to that of the OP - from what I've seen of the former's posts, she is articulate and has a life outside her home with her partner (applying for uni etc). What the OP is talking about is becoming some guy's maid, leaving no prospects for herself, and I'd say the same if she was talking about marrying a 27-year-old or a 57-year-old: it's so important to have your own life and not to make the man the be-and-end-all.

ReputationRep:
    So, in conclusion, you're the only one who is right, as opposed to all your friends, your family, and the pages of people here who say you're wrong.

Excuse me, but... :rolleyes: :confused: :tsr2:

Your family will never accept him, and the longer you continue to stay with him the less they will start to think about you.

I dont know why anyone including me is bothering with this thread... It was a good read, but a load of *******s.

w00tt

ReputationRep:
    I think we should stop wasting our time on this joke of a thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What this girl does not understand is that she is just a child, her grammar can prove that! She talks like my 15 year old sister! This man is 47! She is 17! Does she really think her parents are going to give her their blessing? Any parent who really cares about their daughter would say no!

ReputationRep:
    Having seen one of my closest friends through her life away for a (married) 46 year old man when she was 16, I can honestly say that this thread horrifies me. I'm not saying that all relationships between young women and middle age men are perverted and wrong, but to be quite frank, I'd hardly say you're a young woman, you're a girl. From the experiences of my friend, I'm naturally inclined to think that middle age men who go after teenagers the same age as their kids (or younger, in fact) are generally only after one thing (and are probably slap bang in the middle of a mid-life crisis.)
    But anyway, as none of us know the guy, we aren't really going to be able to judge his intentions. What I will say though, is that even people on here who are in relationships with much older men haven't gone to the extremes of giving up school to basically be a housewife at the age of 17.
    Please don't. You won't listen, I know - but I've seen it happen to someone your age. She isolated herself from friends, family, and although she is now at uni, she doesn't go out with people her own age, she goes back home to her middle aged boyfriend. If you give up your education as well, you won't even have that to fall back on.
    And bear in mind - not many relationships that start at the age of 16/17 go on for life. Some do, but you're not really mature at this age, you change.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't try and make it work, if thats what you really want (although if he is still married, I think you're a fool to continue with it.) Just remember that you really can't rely on having him around for ever, so don't put all your eggs in one basket.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've told her what I think, in the end it's her choice... if this is a mistake, then she'll just have to deal with it (assuming this thread is all real).

*unsubscribes*

Well you want a child so lets weigh up the pros and cons of both.

A levels - Pros
    You get qualifications
    You get a social life whilst doing so
    You develop interpersonal skills
    You open up many career opportunities
    You can go to uni and make something of yourself.

A levels - Cons
    Your friends are nasty - but you can always move school
    You will be stuck in a pretty much dead end job
    You will have to start in a low end job

Baby - Pros
    :confused: You have something to fill the gap in your life

Baby - cons
    They are expensive
    They are hard work especially for a 17 year old
    You will be responsible for it for the next 18 years
    You will not be able to go on holidays etc do things spontaneously with your boyfriend
    They are dependant on you
    Have you read about pregnancy, labour, birth and actually looking after a baby
    If your boyfriend leaves you, you will have no money, no job and a child to feed
    You have no support from anyone other than your boyfriend
    Are you really mature enough?
    You will miss out on A LOT, you can have a baby for years ahead, you wont have your teenage years forever.

Maybe you should look after a baby for a day or so and see that the easy way out, is not actually the easy way out.

(Original post by Angelil)
    This situation is just mental (assuming it's not a windup).
    Kirstinx's situation is very different to that of the OP - from what I've seen of the former's posts, she is articulate and has a life outside her home with her partner (applying for uni etc). What the OP is talking about is becoming some guy's maid, leaving no prospects for herself, and I'd say the same if she was talking about marrying a 27-year-old or a 57-year-old: it's so important to have your own life and not to make the man the be-and-end-all.
    I am still gonna go out and have a life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am still gonna go out and have a life
    How are you going to manage that with a baby and a pensioner????

(Original post by kirstinx)
    Well you want a child so lets weigh up the pros and cons of both.

A levels - Pros
    You get qualifications
    You get a social life whilst doing so
    You develop interpersonal skills
    You open up many career opportunities
    You can go to uni and make something of yourself.

A levels - Cons
    Your friends are nasty - but you can always move school
    You will be stuck in a pretty much dead end job
    You will have to start in a low end job

Baby - Pros
    :confused: You have something to fill the gap in your life

Baby - cons
    They are expensive
    They are hard work especially for a 17 year old
    You will be responsible for it for the next 18 years
    You will not be able to go on holidays etc do things spontaneously with your boyfriend
    They are dependant on you
    Have you read about pregnancy, labour, birth and actually looking after a baby
    If your boyfriend leaves you, you will have no money, no job and a child to feed
    You have no support from anyone other than your boyfriend
    Are you really mature enough?
    You will miss out on A LOT, you can have a baby for years ahead, you wont have your teenage years forever.

Maybe you should look after a baby for a day or so and see that the easy way out, is not actually the easy way out.
    ok i won't leave school just yet, i'll try and finish the yr and wait a bit be4 having a baby, thank u 4 helping

No problem

ReputationRep:
    You are so silly!

You are willing to sacrifice your education, life, family and friends for this man.

He might be genuinely inlove with you...or has different intentions to what you think he has. Imagine in the next 10 or so years. He'll be sixty! You'll still be in your 20's. Will you stay with him then? You'd most probably be taking care of him instead of having a proper relationship. You will envy other young couples. Big mistake!

(Original post by Milli)
    You are so silly!

You are willing to sacrifice your education, life, family and friends for this man.

He might be genuinely inlove with you...or has different intention to what you think he has. Imagine in the next 10 or so years. He'll be sixty! You'll still be in your 20's. Will you stay with him then? You'd most probably be taking care of him instead of having a proper relatiobship. You will envy other young couples.

yer i will stay wit him

My sister thought she was in love when she was 15. She ended up falling out with our whole family, moving out, dropping out of school and getting two jobs to pay the rent while her boyfriend spent his life in the pub.

She wouldn't listen to anyone because 'he loves me'. They broke up after a year and now she finds herself in a dead end job with no qualifications and nothing to look forward to. It's amazing how blind some people can be.

ReputationRep:
    yer i will stay wit him
    The most silliest and immature decisions I've ever heard.

You are being used. Don't be so naive.

You only live once! Don't ruin it. Can't this man find a woman his own age?

(Original post by Milli)
    The most silliest and immature decisions I've ever heard.

You are being used. Don't be so naive.

You only live once! Don't ruin it. Can't this man find a woman his own age?
    so i luv him, age surely does not matter

ReputationRep:
    This thread is fake.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    he said he will luv me till he dies which is all i need, my b/f tried 2 talk wit ma parents but they threatened 2 have him arrested without giving him a chance.
    I'm sure he told his ex wife that too.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Age doesn't always matter but having the age gap that you do, you are both at completely different stages in your life and that doesn't always work out. Chances are you'll want to do things with your life that he's already done, he might end up bringing in most of the income, its things like that that can cause problems. But as I said previously, what you do is your choice-just think carefully about what your doing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2006
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.