The Student Room Group

He said he couldn't give me the time I deserved...please help!

My ex broke up with me saying that he doesn't feel like he can give me the time from him that I deserve, however I was completely happy with how much time we spent together. We both do a pretty hectic uni course and so we'd meet up once or twice a week for lunch and then on a Saturday or Sunday. We agreed to stay good friends, but should I speak to him again and let him know that I never wanted more time from him? I feel as if he still really does like me that way? We were always very honest with each other right from the start so I feel like this is something I need to say to him, but I don't know if it will make much difference? Please help thankyou he is my best friend, but I'd love to have back what we had!!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My ex broke up with me saying that he doesn't feel like he can give me the time from him that I deserve, however I was completely happy with how much time we spent together. We both do a pretty hectic uni course and so we'd meet up once or twice a week for lunch and then on a Saturday or Sunday. We agreed to stay good friends, but should I speak to him again and let him know that I never wanted more time from him? I feel as if he still really does like me that way? We were always very honest with each other right from the start so I feel like this is something I need to say to him, but I don't know if it will make much difference? Please help thankyou he is my best friend, but I'd love to have back what we had!!

Perhaps he could not maintain the current time he gave you.
By all means tell him you didn't need or want more time. But be prepared for the possibility his reason for breaking up for you may have been a lie and he may have just not been happy himself.
Reply 3
Original post by SophieSmall
By all means tell him you didn't need or want more time. But be prepared for the possibility his reason for breaking up for you may have been a lie and he may have just not been happy himself.

Yeah this. There's a reasonable chance that wasn't the real reason. Hope it actually was and can be sorted, good luck.
Original post by pzoDe
Yeah this. There's a reasonable chance that wasn't the real reason. Hope it actually was and can be sorted, good luck.

Aye I've been fed this lie before. And while it's possible he is telling the truth, I don't see it as likely.
Reply 5
Original post by SophieSmall
Aye I've been fed this lie before. And while it's possible he is telling the truth, I don't see it as likely.

Yeah when I was saying 'reasonable' I was thinking 'likely' haha

I'd say this is more true of guys than girls, but it happens both ways.

Often code for 'there's this other girl...'

And truth be told, I've been the perpetrator in this scenario, but never on the receiving end.
Original post by pzoDe
Yeah when I was saying 'reasonable' I was thinking 'likely' haha

I'd say this is more true of guys than girls, but it happens both ways.

Often code for 'there's this other girl...'

And truth be told, I've been the perpetrator in this scenario, but never on the receiving end.

Yeah funny enough the one who fed that lie to me is now with another girl...which it turns out he had been dating while we were together. Stay classy lads.

P.S sorry for de-railing OP
I used this as an excuse for ending things once. I found it to be a nice way of saying "I'm bored with you and I am bored with us."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending