The Student Room Group

Do I want to go to uni?

I'm in my 2nd year of sixth form (A2) and I have no clue what I want to do in my life. I'm quite interested in criminal/mental health stuff but other than that I don't know. My AS grades weren't great and I doubt they'll get much better this year, I try very hard at school but still manage to just about scrape an E grade. I've already sent my ucas application to my 5 choice of unis applying for Mental Health Nursing. I was offered an interview which I found horrible and now don't think the course is right for me. I've been rejected from 2 of my voices but have not heard from the other 3. So I don't even know if I want to go to uni or if I've just chosen the wrong course? What do I do if I don't go to uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katiealonestarx
I'm in my 2nd year of sixth form (A2) and I have no clue what I want to do in my life. I'm quite interested in criminal/mental health stuff but other than that I don't know. My AS grades weren't great and I doubt they'll get much better this year, I try very hard at school but still manage to just about scrape an E grade. I've already sent my ucas application to my 5 choice of unis applying for Mental Health Nursing. I was offered an interview which I found horrible and now don't think the course is right for me. I've been rejected from 2 of my voices but have not heard from the other 3. So I don't even know if I want to go to uni or if I've just chosen the wrong course? What do I do if I don't go to uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got BEE in my a levels but went to uni anyway and am doing a foundation degree at the moment and managing to get firsts and 2:1's.I think that school really didnt suit me and I learn much better in a uni setting.

I am applying for mental health nursing, I just got one rejection today but as its so competitive I really wouldnt take it to heart, if you really want to go into mental health than stick at it but if you now feel its the wrong course choice you can always go through ucas extra for a completely different course and theres always places with foundation entry if you re worried about you re grades

Quick Reply

Latest