Why is Religious Education so easy?

Watch
Zeetingman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
About 50 or more of my year group has attained an A or A*. Including me, I got 95% of the exam correct. Especially if you're doing Edexcel Religion and Life course. I put no effort into the exam, I revised like 3 days before the exam. And all I did was watch videos.
Shadoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wait for the real exam where only 2 will achieve an A* and rest will get C/Bs
Zeetingman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shadoo)
Wait for the real exam where only 2 will achieve an A* and rest will get C/Bs
Were mainly doing pastpapers which used to be real exams. If those were real exams and people are getting A's and A* then in the real exam we will get A's.
Subspace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be honest, the knowledge needed for RE is very limited. I'm doing AQA GCSE for it and it really seems like you need a fairly basic understanding of the topics and their keywords, religious beliefs on that topic, and pretty much knowing how to apply those teachings and constructing a balanced argument with different viewpoints.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Akashi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
R.S is a joke of a GCSE, did it one year early and got 98% - no revision needed. It's seriously just simple logical analysis and ethical reasoning, many in my class got the same - some even better (200/200). As long as you've read the book at least once or twice, it'll remain embedded in you and you won't need to even stress about it later.
Schrödingers Cat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because there aren't any real answers, you just make them up.
Zeetingman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Akashi)
R.S is a joke of a GCSE, did it one year early and got 98% - no revision needed. It's seriously just simple logical analysis and ethical reasoning, many in my class got the same - some even better (200/200). As long as you've read the book at least once or twice, it'll remain embedded in you and you won't need to even stress about it later.
Exactly, I started revising a week before the exams and still got an A* if I did that for Science i'll end up with a D+.
shah786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
it was so easy but i cannot seem to remember what questions came up in edexcel june 2014 R.E unit 08
Camerxn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You just need to have a logical understanding for RE
CiaraTHxo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you kidding I had to learn Marks Gospel for my GCSE and we had a load of Ethics questions... And it was really difficult on the ethics stuff because I was in a catholic school so I never got taught none catholic views...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firenze26
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not easy, it's actually pretty difficult.... for me anyway. 😔

Well, to me it's difficulty depends on how well you remember things and how familiar you are with said religion. What's your religion and what religion are you studying?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
Zeetingman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arithmeticae)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3005011

Thats what I thought I got, but I got an A* instead and the other guy ended up with a C. I use rumors from my school and stuff to predict what I think I got.
Zeetingman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Firenze26)
It's not easy, it's actually pretty difficult.... for me anyway. ������

Well, to me it's difficulty depends on how well you remember things and how familiar you are with said religion. What's your religion and what religion are you studying?

P.S.

Yeah coming from a religious background I have mostly grow up with these views and morals so I remember them more.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zeetingman)
About 50 or more of my year group has attained an A or A*. Including me, I got 95% of the exam correct. Especially if you're doing Edexcel Religion and Life course. I put no effort into the exam, I revised like 3 days before the exam. And all I did was watch videos.
That is so true you know as that was my best GCSE grade
Firenze26
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah coming from a religious background I have mostly grow up with these views and morals so I remember them more.
That's why I'm worried about Christianity, I've always thought that all RCs are pretty liberal and then I found out that they weren't really liberal. It was quite shocking that I actually swore out loud during class.

P.S.

gonnagetrejected
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
just remember that RE and philosophy and ethics are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in terms of difficulty

one is a piss about and a breeze

the other is a very hard and extremely well respected a level that i can't recommend enough
Zeetingman
Rep:
?
(Original post by gonnagetrejected)
just remember that RE and philosophy and ethics are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in terms of difficulty

one is a piss about and a breeze

the other is a very hard and extremely well respected a level that i can't recommend enough
When you're doing Religion and life it does cross with Philosophy alot.
gonnagetrejected
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When you're doing Religion and life it does cross with Philosophy alot.
didn't read
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (67)
22.33%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
44.67%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.33%
I'm really nervous (62)
20.67%

Watched Threads