jareddjose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've got a mock for this in 2 days and I just wanted to know the best way to revise for it. Any ideas?
4shadows
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have the exam in January, im using flash cards to revise key quotes which i may use and looking for past paper questions on the internet. Constantly doing essays not only gets yo quicker at writing, but it refines your points and makes them better
4shadows
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wait. Omg 2 Days! Work like a ***** is the best adviadvice i can give tbh!
username1407003
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 4shadows)
Wait. Omg 2 Days! Work like a ***** is the best adviadvice i can give tbh!
I agree

I just did key quotes and summaries of plots and characters
ellefrancessa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I done my IGCSE Lit exam the other day on To Kill A Mockingbird. Honestly, I didn't revise and I don't think I done too well! But, I would advise making a timeline of the events in the story, using flash cards to learn the key themes and knowing quotations which you can apply to any question.
For example
"How does Harper Lee present Maycomb's views on injustice?'
I could use the quote 'Shoot as many Mockingjays as you want but just remember, its a sin to kill a mockingbird'. This quote is realllly universal throughout the novel, so I could write about Tom Robinson and how he is a mockingbird character.
Use Sparknotes to help you find the most significant quotations in your novel.
Good luck xx
oswalds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With books, I would recommend your first of all make sure you really know the plot. You don't need to know every single little detail, but make sure you know enough that you are not having to remind yourself of it in the mock. Then, I would advise picking out key themes and making notes on each one, and picking out quotes. You might also find it useful to make a mindmap/flashcard/whatever you find most useful for each character. For poetry, I found it really useful to get fresh copies of each poem and annotating them all over again without looking at my old notes. Also, for the unseen poem I would recommend practicing with other unseen ones on past exams
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Posted on TheStudentRoom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (56)
25.93%
Less motivated (160)
74.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed