Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellohello12)
    Yes - finally down to 47 lines - 395 spare characters. There is nothing more annoying than seeing "you are one line over the limit".

I had gaps between my paragraphs as well. I hope the reader doesn't think I don't know how to use paragraphs as some have had to merge together somewhat to make it fit in.

oh well time to press the send button!!!
    yes there is "you are 4 characters over the limit" i was just an awkward number, one or two is easy to get, but 4 it was just odd lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yes there is "you are 4 characters over the limit" i was just an awkward number, one or two is easy to get, but 4 it was just odd lol.
    Try 3 characters!:p: It took quite a while and several attempts cutting mine down so I know what you felt like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugardaddy)
    True say. But I think that will largely depend on the offers / rejections people receive. Someone with majority offers will psychologically believe their ps is great no matter how cheesy it may sound.
    Not true. Hope over to the Oxbridge board and look thorugh threads from last year... a very good number of 'em cringed at their PS, even after receiving an offer. The fundamental problem is that man is never satisfied, and especially when you begin reading other PSs and exposing yourself to competition, you begin to realise that you could have made your PS that much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Lol, sounds like you're talking from experience! :p:
    *nod* it's no secret. I thought my PS last year was horrible. :p: i hope I don't feel the same way this year again... but time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    when you begin reading other PSs and exposing yourself to competition, you begin to realise that you could have made your PS that much better.
    sooo true!! i was so pleased with my PS but then when i read others i just felt ashamed of mine but then people said they felt ashamed of thiers when they read mine, its a vicious circle i tell you lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    sooo true!! i was so pleased with my PS but then when i read others i just felt ashamed of mine but then people said they felt ashamed of thiers when they read mine, its a vicious circle i tell you lol!
    :five: :s:

ReputationRep:
    *nod* it's no secret. I thought my PS last year was horrible. :p: i hope I don't feel the same way this year again... but time will tell.
    :p: Indeed it will. When I was drafting my PS, 2/3 of my first paragraph made me and others who reviewed it cringe alot! Thank goodness :angel:that I got rid of it then!

ReputationRep:
    mine was 374 words :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    sooo true!! i was so pleased with my PS but then when i read others i just felt ashamed of mine
    Whenever I read others, they seem to have a bucket load of work experiences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    Whenever I read others, they seem to have a bucket load of work experiences
    oh i was the guy with the bucket load lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    :poke:
    haha dont :poke: me! its only coz i did no law work experience at the end of y11, so i did 3weeks work exp this summer to make up for it. and for the wokr experience i did do at the end of year11 i got a saturdya job out of it, which made it even better lol.

everyone else had 2weeks work exp and they left lol.

haha not sure what to say lol

ReputationRep:
    Not true. Hope over to the Oxbridge board and look thorugh threads from last year... a very good number of 'em cringed at their PS, even after receiving an offer. The fundamental problem is that man is never satisfied, and especially when you begin reading other PSs and exposing yourself to competition, you begin to realise that you could have made your PS that much better.
    There is always room for improvement - I agree with that. I have already caught onto one or two little things that could have been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugardaddy)
    There is always room for improvement - I agree with that. I have already caught onto one or two little things that could have been.
    I agree, but I always catch these things after I have sent the PS (/coursework) :mad:.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but I always catch these things after I have sent the PS (/coursework) :mad:.
    Exactly. Errors are always easier to spot after giving your mind a break from the writing.

ReputationRep:
    no line but 1 character left

ReputationRep:
    42 of 47 line and 2995 ch
    short and concise

ReputationRep:
    45 lines 690 characters

ReputationRep:
    47 lines 3998 charcters, but my pargrahps dnt have spaces haha!! i jus indedted for every parapgraph, even though this dnt show up on ucas will the uni see it my way??

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.