The Student Room Group

Caffeine pills instead of coffee?

Hi, I get enough sleep every night (7.5/8 hours) but I'm always so drowsy and can't concentrate in school. I have no idea why because like I said i get enough sleep and my eating is fine, but I don't like the taste of coffee and do not want to drink energy drinks because of the high sugar content, so is taking a 200mg caffeine pill in place of 1 or 2 cups of coffee safe?
Reply 1
Rather than relying on a chemical stimulant like caffeine, which will cause you to crash later in the day, I would go to your GP to find out why you're so drowsy x
OP.. caffeine pills do make you addicted to them in one view, as I for one consume caffeine pills for temporary relief & a boost in energy + concentration levels. Don't get me wrong, I find caffeine pills very beneficial, especially from perspective for my own wellbeing. But I advise you not to consume them at first for your drowsiness, you must consult your doctor for your medical condition first. Caffeine pills, I find - for me are highly addictive.
I wouldn't start taking them.This may not be the same for you, but I know someone who was also tired all the time, and it turns out they weren't getting enough iron. But don't take my word for it, get some professional advice

Quick Reply

Latest