London travel question - line from Clapham Jnct through Peckham to Whitechapel

Watch
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone have experience riding the overground line from Clapham Junction via Peckham Rye and Surrey Quays to Whitechapel please?

I'm interested to know how overcrowded it is, say, around 9-10am. I need to travel from the Wimbledon area across town to the Whitechapel area every morning for a couple of weeks. It's that or the District, or maybe overground to Waterloo and then the Jube, but I just wondered if that might be a nice alternative.

Thanks for any help.
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Does anyone have experience riding the overground line from Clapham Junction via Peckham Rye and Surrey Quays to Whitechapel please?

I'm interested to know how overcrowded it is, say, around 9-10am.
Fairly. Apparently it eases off at Canada Water - that's where all the people in suits get off to flock to Canary Wharf.

I do think it will be your best bet though - being at the start of the line you should be ok for at least getting a good spot to stand in. I'd have thought a combo involving the District Line would take an age.

p.s. not following you around the forum this eve. Any thread about London transport (esp south and east) calls out to me.
hdaindak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
gonna be abit as its going into central london but its not rush hour
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
Fairly. Apparently it eases off at Canada Water - that's where all the people in suits get off to flock to Canary Wharf.

I do think it will be your best bet though - being at the start of the line you should be ok for at least getting a good spot to stand in. I'd have thought a combo involving the District Line would take an age.

p.s. not following you around the forum this eve. Any thread about London transport (esp south and east) calls out to me.
That's OK - you often seem to be one of our leading London experts! :cool:

Sounds like maybe I might even get a seat. If miracles happen. :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads