The Student Room Group

Are these A Level choices okay?

Hello,

At A Level, I hope to study Maths, Economics, History and English Literature. I would like to pursue a career in finance, having studied either Economics or Economics and Politics at a Russell Group University.

If I were to choose the latter university option, am I correct in thinking that my subject choices are well balanced between the mathematical side for Economics (Maths and Economics at A Level) and the humanities side for Politics (History and English Lit at A Level)? And yeah, I know that Economics A Level only contains a little bit of basic maths, etc.

But if I did go for just Economics at university, do you think my options are a little bit too focused on the arts/humanities side for an Economics degree?

Many thanks if you can reply :smile:
Original post by joddcfc
Hello,

You can never be too unbalanced towards a degree choice unless you choose subjects that have nothing to do with the course. Having maths and economics will obviously benefit you if you want to take economics at degree level, and with humanities on the side to help you demonstrate that you're not only academic in scientific subjects but also humanities subjects too. No worries. Relax.

lol I'm on my iPhone so be gentle with me pls
Reply 2
Original post by joddcfc
Hello,

At A Level, I hope to study Maths, Economics, History and English Literature. I would like to pursue a career in finance, having studied either Economics or Economics and Politics at a Russell Group University.

If I were to choose the latter university option, am I correct in thinking that my subject choices are well balanced between the mathematical side for Economics (Maths and Economics at A Level) and the humanities side for Politics (History and English Lit at A Level)? And yeah, I know that Economics A Level only contains a little bit of basic maths, etc.

But if I did go for just Economics at university, do you think my options are a little bit too focused on the arts/humanities side for an Economics degree?

Many thanks if you can reply :smile:

Solid choices for either finance, economics or politics. Very broad options so all good, no problems there :smile: As long as your grades are good I wouldn't think you'd have a problem
Reply 3
Original post by lilypear
You can never be too unbalanced towards a degree choice unless you choose subjects that have nothing to do with the course. Having maths and economics will obviously benefit you if you want to take economics at degree level, and with humanities on the side to help you demonstrate that you're not only academic in scientific subjects but also humanities subjects too. No worries. Relax.

lol I'm on my iPhone so be gentle with me pls

Original post by AdamCee
Solid choices for either finance, economics or politics. Very broad options so all good, no problems there :smile: As long as your grades are good I wouldn't think you'd have a problem

Thank you both :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest