The Student Room Group

ISIS killing Children for not converting to Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kabuligirl
Qur'an 2:256
"There shall be no compulsion in acceptance of the religion"

Posted from TSR Mobile

And had you seen when the angels will cause to die those who disbelieve, smiting their faces and their backs, and (saying): Taste the punishment of burning.

And let not those who disbelieve think that they shall come in first; surely they will not escape.

And (as for) those who disbelieve and reject Our communications, these are the companions of the flame.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by tengentoppa
islamophobia, far from being ignorant and prejudiced, is actually quite a logical and reasonable view.
A phobia is an irrational fear, BTW.

Anti-Islamic, or Muslim-hatred is possibly nearer what you mean.

But I do agree the killings and forced conversions are despicable and it would be jolly nice if other Muslims could make it stop. Not that our media would tell us even if they are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
My disgust for Islam just reached another level (again).

you do realise ISIS have beheaded more muslims than they have christians....they aren't muslim.
Original post by callmemorbid
you do realise ISIS have beheaded more muslims than they have christians....they aren't muslim.

Yes Muslims who don't believe in their particular interpretation of Islam. Hitler killed some of his fellow German/Austrians. So what?

So because they aren't Christian it makes it ok to behead them?
Original post by DontCallMeMongo
Yes Muslims who don't believe in their particular interpretation of Islam. Hitler killed some of his fellow German/Austrians. So what?

unfair to say the fault is with islam when muslims are the main victims.

when did i say anything about it being ok to behead anyone? when i said 'they aren't muslim' i meant isis btw, might have been unclear
Reply 27

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.
Damn.
Original post by JasonGenova
I always find it interesting that so many people worldwide, today and throughout history, would willingly choose a torturous death in the most brutal manner possible rather than convert to Islam. That speaks volumes about Islam on its own. How do you get to a point where being beheaded is the more pleasant option?

I dunno. I think it depends on how religious that person is as well. It's better in their eyes to die a Christain, than convert to Islam

Just like in the past people have refused to convert to Christianity, and have been killed (as well as people who've refused to convert to Islam and have been beheaded)
when did i say anything about it being ok to behead anyone? when i said 'they aren't muslim' i meant isis btw, might have been unclear

Your point is invalid to my original point
unfair to say the fault is with islam when muslims are the main victims.

Not at all. Who were the main victims of the Salem witch trials? Christian women. Who were the main victims of German nationalism that lead to the Holocaust? Jewish German citizens (with other nationalities too of course). Who were the main victims of Protestant-Catholic tensions living in Northern Ireland? Catholics and Protestants living in Northern Ireland.

Religion causes most harm to the people it has power over. American fundamentalist Christianity and Islam have no power over me.

The many Syrians and Iraqis who are suffering had no choice being born in an Islamic country. What they are suffering now is largely due to that.
Original post by Simes
Damn.

:wink:
Your point is invalid to my original point

you said that it has made you hate islam more. i said muslims are the biggest victims. thought it would be self explanatory- ISIS clearly aren't muslim so why should it make you hate islam more.
Reply 33
Original post by The_Internet
Just like in the past people have refused to convert to <insert belief system>

It is a terrible human reality that we can be made to hate someone to the point we would have them dead, just because someone in charge says so.

Whether by skin colour, or which edition of the holy writings, or place of birth, or which side of town, or anything really provided someone else is saying "It's OK to kill them, rape their women and steal their property".

Accepting that reality is what is required: that we all have the capacity to kill when the environment around tells us it is the right and proper thing to do, if we know what is good for us. Once we can find a way to get people to believe and understand that, they may be able to see their religious leader / political leader / national leader / tribal leader / whatever is just a self-serving power-crazed loon who wants other people to do their dirty work for them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DontCallMeMongo
Not at all. Who were the main victims of the Salem witch trials? Christian women. Who were the main victims of German nationalism that lead to the Holocaust? Jewish German citizens (with other nationalities too of course). Who were the main victims of Protestant-Catholic tensions living in Northern Ireland? Catholics and Protestants living in Northern Ireland.

Religion causes most harm to the people it has power over. American fundamentalist Christianity and Islam have no power over me.

The many Syrians and Iraqis who are suffering had no choice being born in an Islamic country. What they are suffering now is largely due to that.

last sentence is quite inaccurate. iraqis were doing just fine before saddam and american intervention. Iraq wasn't the total bloodbath it has become. Also about religion harming those it has power over-you really haven't understood ISIS. they consider everyone that doesn't consider their rigid ideology a kaffir, and apparently that means they should be killed. for example, if i came across someone from isis, i would be beheaded. I don't consider myself to have the same religion as ISIS, so I don't see why anyone else should.

And your initial point still doesn't prove islam is at fault. of course, its easy to manipulate religion to gain power. lets not forget that ISIS did not appear from nowhere-they were funded by Saudi Arabic, who are (surprise surprise) funded by America. The only reason ISIS have become a problem now it because they are no longer dependent on Saudi, and Saudi doesn't want a threat to its power in the middle east. This is nothing to do with religious beliefs, more to do with manipulating a religion to gain political control.
you said that it has made you hate islam more. i said muslims are the biggest victims. thought it would be self explanatory- ISIS clearly aren't muslim so why should it make you hate islam more.

ISIS are Muslim, ISIS= Islamic state in Iraq and Syria.

Don't fool yourself by claiming they're bad people and have nothing to do with Islam. They just follow Islam more closely by the book
last sentence is quite inaccurate. iraqis were doing just fine before saddam and american intervention. Iraq wasn't the total bloodbath it has become. Also about religion harming those it has power over-you really haven't understood ISIS. they consider everyone that doesn't consider their rigid ideology a kaffir, and apparently that means they should be killed. for example, if i came across someone from isis, i would be beheaded. I don't consider myself to have the same religion as ISIS, so I don't see why anyone else should.

And your initial point still doesn't prove islam is at fault. of course, its easy to manipulate religion to gain power. lets not forget that ISIS did not appear from nowhere-they were funded by Saudi Arabic, who are (surprise surprise) funded by America. The only reason ISIS have become a problem now it because they are no longer dependent on Saudi, and Saudi doesn't want a threat to its power in the middle east. This is nothing to do with religious beliefs, more to do with manipulating a religion to gain political control.

Shia and Sunni have been fighting for longer than there have been divisions between the Orthodox and Catholic churches (which is another source of horrific violence). Iraqis were doing BEST under Saddam, mainly because he was only semi-interested in religion. Before that the region was just as turbulent as it is now.

ISIS are in fact a mere tip of the iceberg and a sort of modern bogeyman. What they have done is nothing compared to what regular Islam has done to its adherents (especially women) for centuries. Every Muslim considers non-Muslims as kaffir.

ISIS did not appear from nowhere - actually their origins begin the instant Muhammed died and his followers could not decide who should be considered his successor.

If there were no Islam (and no other religion), we would still have problems, but they would not be nearly as backed. America would not be a puppet for Christian fundamentalists and jewish backers, Iran and Saudi Arabia would have no inclination to hate each other the way they do as neither Shia nor Sunni would be important, and Iraq/Syria would be much less easy to manipulate as it wouldn't be being fought over with groups with equally little evidence for their beliefs.
(edited 9 years ago)

Don't fool yourself by claiming they're bad people and have nothing to do with Islam. They just follow Islam more closely by the book

Lol, and what exactly do you know about Islam?

Lemme guess, all muslims are terrorists, this verse clearly says to kill disbelievers HAR HAR etc

:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

are you being serious? don't you think there is a reason the media has bothered to translate their name into english? why didn't they translate al qaeda?

im not fooling myself, when was the last time you studied interpretations of the quran? they are bad people, and they don't have anything to do with islam.
Original post by Alpha Centauri
Lol, and what exactly do you know about Islam?

Lemme guess, all muslims are terrorists, this verse clearly says to kill disbelievers HAR HAR etc

:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry no time to argue with religion tonight, maybe another time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending