Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Well I have a Maths Statistics test on Monday! Not done any revision yet, just wondering what is the main points to revise.

Its just a mock though :p: Real thing is in 2-4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure that you have covered:
    1.probability
    2.Data collection
    3.Interpretation of data (reading off various charts/graphs)
    4.Measures of location and spread (mean, mode, range, geometric mean, quartiles)
    5.Standard deviation
    6.Time series
    7.Spearman's rank (correlation and regression)

Also make sure that you can draw a histogram and a pie chart.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mademoiselle Dee-chau-nelle)
    Make sure that you have covered:
    1.probability
    2.Data collection
    3.Interpretation of data (reading off various charts/graphs)
    4.Measures of location and spread (mean, mode, range, geometric mean, quartiles)
    5.Standard deviation
    6.Time series
    7.Spearman's rank (correlation and regression)

Also make sure that you can draw a histogram and a pie chart.

Hope that helps.
    Are they on GCSE? Cause they weren't for me. Unless the OP refers to an S1 test, in which case this should be in the A-level forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Are they on GCSE? Cause they weren't for me. Unless the OP refers to an S1 test, in which case this should be in the A-level forum.
    Yes they are, they were all on my GCSE statistics exam

ReputationRep:
    Apologies, of course they will be for GCSE Stats, I thought the OP meant for GCSE Maths, eg the Stats bits which make up maybe 10% of the course :rolleyes: *Slaps himself* :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh its GCSE its 11% mate
    Thanks for the input.

ReputationRep:
    I hate stats :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: M > FP > C > S modules I'm not even going to go into D :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Stats now after school. It looks good and at least i wont have to do any coursework (we just use the maths coursework which is a bit improved) :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_groovy_dude)
    I hate stats :afraid:
    me too!!!! I had to resit it to get an A, it was hard!!! but now, If you sat a probabilty question infront of me (which I found the hardest when studying the module) I could do it. It was just drilled into my head till I could do it...

Im sitting the Number module in 3 weeks, seems to be easier than the last one, taking into account that there is more to be learn for this module. The only hard topic on this paper (i think) is the quadratic graphs... just seems a lot of work for what, 3 marks?

Also Im finding Surds eaiser than expected... It just general rules you need to learn then you can apply to it anything...

Good luck with ur module to OP!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, had the practice and got a B (3 marks from an A)

Erm, waiting till November 13th for the real deal!
    I want A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyman3005)
    Hi guys, had the practice and got a B (3 marks from an A)

Erm, waiting till November 13th for the real deal!
    I want A*
    Look for what your weakest points are and strengthen those with more practice. By the time the real thing comes along, it'll all be second nature! Good lukc with it.

ReputationRep:
    Stats has a November sitting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    I am doing Stats now after school. It looks good and at least i wont have to do any coursework (we just use the maths coursework which is a bit improved) :p:
    I'm doing that too. Its really hard and I only got 37% on my mock....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    M > FP > C > S modules I'm not even going to go into D :p:
    What!!??? I found M4/5 impossible, and the stats was easy - just about learning the three or four standard techniques per paper. Lol I did enjoy the FPs though. Maths is great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgurung)
    What!!??? I found M4/5 impossible, and the stats was easy - just about learning the three or four standard techniques per paper. Lol I did enjoy the FPs though. Maths is great
    Having just started Maths A-level, it'll probably change to something like you said as the modules become harder :p:
    But yes :suith:Maths:suith:

ReputationRep:
    Arrrrrrghhhhh, i'm stuck with GCSE Maths for another year now!!! Basically because we had the most cr*p teacher ever for GCSE and he basically spent every lesson telling us about where he went on his holidays and what his mates names were and basically pointless information of no use to us what so ever!

And this teacher has retired from the school but they've bought him back to do ten lessons a week for some teacher who is on some course and now the school have also decided that it's a good idea to have him teaching the Maths GCSE re-sit classes after school on a Wednesday aswell - arggggghhhh it's him what made us fail in the first place!! Me and my mate hate him!!!!!!!!!!

Although, give him his gratitude someone on the week before half term said to him "sir, don't we have to pay for the re-sit exam" and he said "As long as you lot keep quiet and leave it to me the no, because i think it's wrong to make you pay after the way you were all treated in year 10/11"

So he's letting us re-sit it for free with the year 11's (year below us - we're in year 12) in May/June whenever they do it! Arrrghhh means we're gonna be getting a big fat copy of the year 11 exam timetable!!

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.