Turn on thread page Beta

Economists: Which Aggregate Demand+supply diagrams do you use? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I'm hoping CW will fill the MCQ gap then... :cool:
    Please actually put effort into the coursework as soon as you're told to do it! I am getting such a crap mark for it, don't do the same!

And consider something to do with the congestion charge as your coursework topic. There's a lot of data for it.

ReputationRep:
    i tended to use keynesian cos i thought you could show more- but we got told that our board (AQA) expected you to use classical, so you must label it as keynesian to show that you know what you're talking about, otherwise they will presume you have done the classical wrong. when in doubt label everything!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i tended to use keynesian cos i thought you could show more- but we got told that our board (AQA) expected you to use classical, so you must label it as keynesian to show that you know what you're talking about, otherwise they will presume you have done the classical wrong. when in doubt label everything!

lou xxx
    gosh so many keynesians.. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    gosh so many keynesians.. :eek:
    lol, i'm neither, i don't do it anymore.

i mainly did keynesians cos they look prettier and it shoes the exam board you can use a more relevant diagram that they don't necessarily expect you to know. depends on the question though and whether you want inflationt o confuse things (but i did a housing market paper which had relevance to inflation)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    There's no 85 mark essays on AQA economics!

Yes there is!! The damn Module 4 where you have to do a report on the EU! Maybe you dont do it cos you did coursework instead for mod 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big P)
    Yes there is!! The damn Module 4 where you have to do a report on the EU! Maybe you dont do it cos you did coursework instead for mod 4?
    Oh god, I did the damn coursework! I'd still prefer the written paper, I loathe courseworks.

ReputationRep:
    85 mark essay in 1 hour!! i wish i could do coursework instead. We have to revise all of the EU crap but on your coursework you can be sure of a good mark if you work on it.....
    In the exam you have 4 extracts and its about competition policy or some other sh*t and you dont know which aspect of the EU its on! Very hard.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Keynesian, but I'll do that if it gets me more marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I'm not Keynesian, but I'll do that if it gets me more marks.

do you get more marks if you do 2? you definitely dont get more marks by choosing keynesian over classicists. There are few things im not too sure about..e.g. will the externalities graphs be needed for my as level exam even that you dont need to kow it for As level...etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    do you get more marks if you do 2? you definitely dont get more marks by choosing keynesian over classicists. There are few things im not too sure about..e.g. will the externalities graphs be needed for my as level exam even that you dont need to kow it for As level...etc

if u know it..why not use it..it ll impress the examiner

ReputationRep:
    erm...I've only ever been told about one AD/AS diagram...does someone want to explain what each of them are :/

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt the best way to do it is to use the classicist model, then say "however, kaynesian economists would argue that the AS curve looks more like ...". Easiest way to get top level marks.

As for Kaynesian being more relevent, is that really true in modern day Britain? We're seeing excellent employment levels in Britain, at full employment the Kaynesian curve operates just like the vertical monetarist curve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    erm...I've only ever been told about one AD/AS diagram...does someone want to explain what each of them are :/
    It doesn't really affect aggregate demand. But there are two schools of thought on the shape of the aggregate supply curve. The more straight forward curve is the monetarist AS supply, this is just a vertical line. This acknowledges the fact that in the short run at least, supply is fixed, and no amount of incentive is going to change that.

The other is the Kaynesian curve, this is an L shaped curve, it is horizontal at low levels of output, but as you move towards full employment, the curve goes vertically upwards, and looks just like the monetarist curve.

ReputationRep:
    Keynesian diagrams, all the way

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.