Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have already got my A level grades (BCC) and I wanna apply to some quite good unis like Cardiff. Today, I found out that I have been selected to appear in a BBC drama (just as an extra, but still-I'll be on TV!) filming starts on Tuesday and I'm very excited! I was wondering though, how much will this help my personal statement, do universities really care about stuff like this? If I make a good impression with the production company, more work could be on the agenda. Cool way to spend a gap year huh?

ReputationRep:
    What are you applying for? If it's something related to your work experience, then yes, they'll care.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for English Language and/or Communication. I guess acting is communicating

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it would be more relevant if I wanted to do drama but even so, do you think universities will be impressed?

ReputationRep:
    I think Uni's will be impressed. There not gonna make you an offer soley on this fact but it will at least make your application stand out and give you something to talk about if your interviewed
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Don't spend too long on it, but do put something about your acting and this part in your PS.

ReputationRep:
    Universities will consider and woudnt have anything against it but like others have said do not place to much emphasis on that. The personal statement is conprised of only 49 lines so you would need to add other relevant bits to it aswell.

ReputationRep:
    My bf was a child actor and he had a part on Jonathan Creek (a long time ago) and some other things but tbh I don't think it helped his application at all.. It might if you were REALLY famous or had a lot of lines or something.

ReputationRep:
    Unis will be impressed but i don't think it'll make much of a difference to your application! But you should definitely go for it!!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.