Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    pls help,

my conditional offer wants B in I.T and 300 points overall, in summer its likely il get

A = bio
    A = psychology
    D = I.T
    E = Physics (AS)

with those grades is it likely that a uni like brunel or surrey will let me in anyways....or what about clearin...good chance of good uni for comp sci????

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think you will get a D in ICT can I ask?

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing AVCE ICT or the A-level one? Althought you can't get into the uni's that you wanted to, you could also go to uni's that accept your grades (e.g. Aston, UMIST, Manchester, Bristol, UCL, imperial, etc...).

ReputationRep:
    I spent a year on the computer science degree at UEA and I was suprised by the level of maths required. You really have to enjoy programming and have a fairly high level in maths. You'll have to put in the work to catch up if you haven't done maths at A-level. With those grades i am sure you will get on a decent course somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    thanks...

well the reason im not going to meet the "B' required for I.T and am certain i will get a D is due to the fact that for some annoyingly absurd reason coursework in AQA ICT AS + A2 counts for 40 percent of the whole course. Unfortunatley due to technical faults that occured all my crswk got deleted, so i had to start again and ended up receiving 10% only on both crswks......that means that the highest i can get on the ICT exams (4 of them) is C provided i get FULL marks on all papers which i think is impossible. Having said that im very good at the theory aspect of I.T and if the admissions tutor were to look at the individual marks that made up the D he will most likely see 80%, 90%, 75% etc. So basically if admissions tutors also take into account individual marks then im sure in my case he can figure out what went wrong, if they only look at grades i doubt anyone will accept a D

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.