Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfish_Wins)
    Yes, every page of that 100 will count in the end.

BTW: They will get A's in Computing.
    Do they want medals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Understate)
    Do they want medals?
    I'm sure if someone offered them medals, they would take them.

ReputationRep:
    How have they saved in VB? We've had to MANUALLY write and read files. Including writing our own validation algorithms. This takes about at least 3 pages per form, + 1 for comments. With about 4 for forms, thats at least 16 pages. For saving and primary key validating alone. Then you have delete record (another page). And prev and next record. There's your 30 and I haven't even started each individual field for presence checks or data validity. Or reports. Or printing. Or monthly tyre checks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Understate)
    How have they saved in VB? We've had to MANUALLY write and read files. Including writing our own validation algorithms. This takes about at least 3 pages per form, + 1 for comments. With about 4 for forms, thats at least 16 pages. For saving and primary key validating alone. Then you have delete record (another page). And prev and next record. There's your 30 and I haven't even started each individual field for presence checks or data validity. Or reports. Or printing. Or monthly tyre checks.
    Yes, they wrote the codes as well. All I know is that they did less than 30 pages. Less than 25 even.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfish_Wins)
    Yes, they wrote the codes as well. All I know is that they did less than 30 pages. Less than 25 even.
    Funniest thing I've heard. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    my documentation without implementation(source) comes to 40 lol

ReputationRep:
    i've done mine in VB, and it definetely comes to under 20 pages.......although i'll admit i haven't validated the system as extensivley as you've described, i'm sure that if i was to do that, then it would still come under 30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    i've done mine in VB, and it definetely comes to under 20 pages.......although i'll admit i haven't validated the system as extensivley as you've described, i'm sure that if i was to do that, then it would still come under 30
    Thank god someone is sane then.

ReputationRep:
    have any of use done a mock unit3/module3 test yet?

ReputationRep:
    How many lines of code?

Obviously delphi generates a lot of code itself, for example onclick procedures and the headers - mine weighs in at a hefty 4700 lines, including comments.

Would you like to swap .exes, not source? [Mockel]

Post your email if you'd like to.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.