Previous year 11 AQA psychology students

Watch this thread
Nadine_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How was the unit 1 paper? (if you remember)

I have a mock soon, so any help or tips would be highly appreciated
Laurasaur
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
It was very straight forward, just memorise your textbook and you'll do fine
One type of question that I didn't expect to come up was something about designing your own experiment- though I don't remember the exact question, but just describe a study you know that is also relevant
Nadine_08
Rep:
(Original post by Laurasaur)
It was very straight forward, just memorise your textbook and you'll do fine
One type of question that I didn't expect to come up was something about designing your own experiment- though I don't remember the exact question, but just describe a study you know that is also relevant
Wasn't the designing your own experiment question in the unit 2 paper? Also, were the questions really specific or was it mostly like: ' describe one study in which non-verbal communication was investigated' ? One last thing, roughly how many research study questions came up? Oh, wait sorry that wasn't the last thing- what grade did you get for the unit 1 paper? Oops.. another thing- the grade boundaries for the unit 1 paper is 71/80 for a top grade, do you think I can get that if I memorise everything? Ahh sorry i'm just really stressed out and I'm scared I will forget everything..
Laurasaur
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nadine_08)
Wasn't the designing your own experiment question in the unit 2 paper? Also, were the questions really specific or was it mostly like: ' describe one study in which non-verbal communication was investigated' ? One last thing, roughly how many research study questions came up? Oh, wait sorry that wasn't the last thing- what grade did you get for the unit 1 paper? Oops.. another thing- the grade boundaries for the unit 1 paper is 71/80 for a top grade, do you think I can get that if I memorise everything? Ahh sorry i'm just really stressed out and I'm scared I will forget everything..
1. I have a feeling the design an experiment question was about touch in NVC, though I'm not 100% sure.
2. It was a mixture of both specific and non specific questions- be prepared for anything.
3. There was about one research study question per topic- so probably 4.
4. I got 73/80 in unit 1, which was an A*.
5. Not just by memorisation- you NEED to understand exam technique. E.g. How many points/ explanations are required to get 6 marks, 4 marks, 3, 2 and 1 mark. But if you master all of the content and exam technique, you'll do fabulously!
The questions I remember are:
define eye contact,
define counterbalancing (this might have been unit 2).
Its crazy how much you forget about the test after a couple of months!
Good luck, don't panic- it will be fine!
Nadine_08
Rep:
(Original post by Laurasaur)
1. I have a feeling the design an experiment question was about touch in NVC, though I'm not 100% sure.
2. It was a mixture of both specific and non specific questions- be prepared for anything.
3. There was about one research study question per topic- so probably 4.
4. I got 73/80 in unit 1, which was an A*.
5. Not just by memorisation- you NEED to understand exam technique. E.g. How many points/ explanations are required to get 6 marks, 4 marks, 3, 2 and 1 mark. But if you master all of the content and exam technique, you'll do fabulously!
The questions I remember are:
define eye contact,
define counterbalancing (this might have been unit 2).
Its crazy how much you forget about the test after a couple of months!
Good luck, don't panic- it will be fine!
Thank you so much!
Laurasaur
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nadine_08)
Thank you so much!
No problemo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (16)
27.12%
As I expected (17)
28.81%
Harder (23)
38.98%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads