Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont know how to revise. Physics is my worst science. I DONT UNDERSTAND SCIENCE. My gcse exams are may 2015 when should i start hard core revising?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position as you! I'm honestly awful at Maths and Science. English is were my talent lies!
    The thing I find that helps most is to purchase record cards in WHSmiths and LOADS of fineliner coloured pens and highlighters. This will take you ages and im planning on starting after Christmas! If you plan to revise in your room make sure it is clean, tidy and decluttered, tidy it up during the Christmas holidays and keep it that way! If you have a desk, remove all your make up, hair straightners and stuff and put it away. Make sure it is clean!!!!
    Revision cards, Elastic bands (to tie cards together), Revision guides and pens galore.
    Then get one of the cards and make up a question to do with the topic
    For example, a question from AQA B1 could be 'How does a vaccination work?' On the other side answer this question using the revision guide. Then, you can get someone to test you on the question cards and keep doing it till you know all of them!

It will take a long time to write them all out but it helps you remember it! I do it for every subject apart from Maths and Drama. You can then find your weaknesses and evaluate them. Keep using the cards for ages and the information will be in your head! You will struggle to find a place to store them all hence the tip of using elastic bands but honestly, its the only thing that works for me!
    Another tip is to motivate yourself! For example, put a picture of the University you want to go too by the place where you are working so you can remind yourself what this work is all for!
    Practice papers work great too as you can see what the mark scheme is looking for.
    May I also recommend ConquerMaths.com and Method Maths! These are brilliant for revising maths!!!
    Good luck!
    May your results be ever in your favour

ReputationRep:
    I started revising for GCSEs around Easter.

Have you got proper revision guides? I found them really helpful. There's also youtube videos - I think the ones most people like are 'myGCSEscience'. If you're struggling, why don't you ask the teacher to go over the work with you at lunch?

Doing past papers will really help too, you'll see what sort of answers you're supposed to put down and phrases that will pick up marks. You've got to really refine your exam technique to get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    I would say start revising now and don't stop if you're that bad. Then again, you could be underestimating yourself, but either way just force it into your brain by repeating what you need to know over and over again if that helps you out.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.