Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just realised I haven't done a 'Do something for rep' thread before. So here it is.

When I hit 3000 posts my rep should go up to +54. Make my day.

EDIT:
    Okay, I'll make it more interesting (so I don't just pick someone randomly).

I've got a few hundred squid in the piggy saved from work that I can play with so...Think of an idea for a website I can make over 1/2 term. It has to provide a free service, one that hasn't been done before (E.g. Not another YouTube, ImgShack, MySpace etc.) If it's really good I might just sub the winner aswell for a few months

ReputationRep:
    i only need about 29 rep points. i could be your good deed for the dy and you'll be giving me another shiny gem. Plus i was the first person to post in reply.

ReputationRep:
    I love you. Can you now give me your hotloving/positive rep no0w please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x kat x)
    Plus i was the first person to post in reply.
    Nah, Apollo was but he hard deleted his post. I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockish)
    Nah, Apollo was but he hard deleted his post. I think.
    I can't see a deleted post.

ReputationRep:
    Hard deleted. We can't seem them.

Ooh I want to hve big rep power! *goes to post thousands*

ReputationRep:
    What did it say?

I want rep, but I'm too much of a no-mark noob to win a contest like this.

#blah#

ReputationRep:

I've got a few hundred squid in the piggy saved from work that I can play with so...Think of an idea for a website I can make over 1/2 term. It has to provide a free service, one that hasn't been done before (E.g. Not another YouTube, ImgShack, MySpace etc.) If it's really good I might just sub the winner aswell for a few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avogadro6.02257)
    I want rep, but I'm too much of a no-mark noob to win a contest like this.

#blah#
    :dito: Same. I think I'm quite near a shiny now too, though #excited#

-Saruman

*EDIT* Yeah, 40 points off a shiny

I am more of a no-mark than you Saruman. :p:

I win!

:congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)

What about a "helpful" one? Maybe draw on a real-life experience that you or a person close to you has suffered, and try to aim it towards helping people in the same situation e.g. depression, suicidal thoughts, breaking up with your first partner, heck, maybe even just having the hair filter in the shower clogged up :p:

(Original post by Avogadro6.02257)
    I am more of a no-mark than you Saruman. :p:

I win!

:congrats:
    Congrats! :party: I'm pretty much a no-mark on here, I think there's 5 people in chat/GD who know I exist :p:. In the English lit forums here, though, that's another matter.... I seem to be the resident William Blake expert :cool:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    What about a "helpful" one? Maybe draw on a real-life experience that you or a person close to you has suffered, and try to aim it towards helping people in the same situation e.g. depression, suicidal thoughts, breaking up with your first partner, heck, maybe even just having the hair filter in the shower clogged up :p:

-Saruman
    These sites have already been done, and the smaller ones - not what I want really. Keep trying

ReputationRep:
    These sites have already been done, and the smaller ones - not what I want really. Keep trying
    Sneh, inject it with humour and ideas/jokes/personality traits unique to you, and it'll be different

:tumble:

*starts trying to think of another idea* :idea:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    Sneh, inject it with humour and ideas/jokes/personality traits unique to you, and it'll be different

:tumble:

*starts trying to think of another idea* :idea:

-Saruman
    But those sorts of sites are targeting the minority, not the majority.

ReputationRep:
    gootube

ReputationRep:
    decides to give up and go and be boring by doing her work!

ReputationRep:
    But those sorts of sites are targeting the minority, not the majority.
    Touché :p:

Give me a bit of time to think on this one..... :albertein :p:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p)
    gootube
    :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.