Going to Uni as a virgin

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is it weird to go to uni as a virgin? What percentage of students would you estimate do so?
Alaric III
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Of course it's not weird. The majority of people will actually lose their virginity while at university. I would estimate at least 40% of university students are virgins, if not 60%. Of course there'll be variation between universities and courses at those universities. I've spoken about a survey I read in another thread where a student at the least sexually active university in Britain (Bath) will, on average, sleep with two people per year of study. So I wouldn't worry about staying a virgin for long either. It'll happen as soon as you let it.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why do you think having put your penis in someone or having a penis put in you is suddenly going to change everything..?
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What would be weird would be losing it in a way you'll regret later - having sex with someone you don't like or find attractive, say - merely so you can say you're not one come September 2015 or whenever.
mollie-
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Honestly, there are more virgins at uni than you will ever know. Many people go to uni as virgins, but get embarrassed and never admit it. I wasn't a virgin, but I wouldn't say being one is a big deal, a few of my housemates were and they were open about it and no one cared. It won't make you look like a 'weirdo' or stop you from getting laid. Just don't stress it
xX_GhOsT_Xx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
**** no it wont be weird, hopefully i wana go uni as a virgin. Haven't had a gf just go gym and stay single and blessed ay
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it weird to go to uni as a virgin? What percentage of students would you estimate do so?
I went to uni as a virgin, lost my virginity in my first year I think it's pretty normal.
506rl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not weird at all~ don't worry
BulletproofHeart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I went to uni as a virgin this september. Lost my virginity 2 and half weeks later. I remember sitting with my flatmates the second day and they were going round asking all the intimate details of everyones sex lives. Naturally i lied. Now i realise i really had no reason to lie ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
lou_100
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I reckon a lot are virgins. However, it does depend on the university and the course or hall of residence even.

My hall of residence was basically made up of a load of people who love clubbing, drunk one night stands, drugs and sex in general. So I'd say about less than 5% would have been virgins at the start, and now 0% will be virgins a year later.

Yet the small hall closer to uni that consisted of the opposite kind of people personality-wise, mostly foreign students from various countries in Asia, and was generally very quiet probably had a much higher percentage of virgins at the start.

Not to be discriminative or judgemental at all - I'm sure quiet students or foreign students or Asian people love sex just as much as anyone else. It's just a likely probability.

Regardless, I reckon most people who are virgins will lose it at uni.

I don't think it's the majority. The percentage of TSRs who were virgins at uni probably isn't reflective of the whole UK population. But I still think a fair few are virgins yes and it's not abnormal either.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 years ago
It's totally a non issue unless you make it one. 2 of my good friends are that I've discussed it with though i'm fairly certain there's more!
They both have different outlooks on it. One is quite keen to have sex and although she'd like it to be with someone she likes she's happy for it to be no big deal. Whereas my other friend is hoping to find a more long term relationship inwhich to loose her virginity.
I'd say the only person it matters to is you, no one else will care either way. It's not like you're obliged to share that information if you'd prefer not to.
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
I think most people go to university as a virgin.
Anonymous #4
Report 6 years ago
Don't worry about it! I'm in my first year and living in a house of 7 people - 3 people aren't virgins, the other 4 are!
jazjaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No it's not weird it's normal. What's probably not as common is people leaving uni as virgins. But it does happen.

It's hard to give a percentage it will vary by institution, course, demographics (I'm starting my course at 27 years old so I'm not a virgin!). Like someone else mentioned here a lot of people lie about having experience to fit in at first so it is really hard to gauge. I think my course is over 50% virgins!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads