graphic calculators, which can be used in edexcel maths?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi,

Since I'm going on to do maths at university, I was wondering what graph/advanced calculator is the best for edexcel maths, as I know they have quite a list on ones that you can't take into exams.

Regards,

Adam
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Casio fx-7400G PLUS is what I use. Not allowed for P1 or P3, but for the rest its ok.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
how much did you pay for it?

I've been looking at the sharp 9900 graphic one, because Ive got a scientific sharp one now and I'm happy with how it works. The 9900 is like £60 so its quite pricey for a calculator. Then again I see it as an investment over many years.

Regards,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
It was quite cheap actually.. can't remember exactly how much, possibly £30 or a bit less.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my college decided to order them for us and got ones that cost £50 in WHSmith for £25 becuse they ordered them direct and got quite a few- it could be worth trying your teacher and askin what they recommend- that way you'll definately get one that's allowed (except P1 and P3). I still can't work mine though...
Benny Cool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have the Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Silver edition and it is awesome. It was quite pricey but worth every penny. It is allowed into AS/A2 modules and obviously has all the graphing capabilities, but is powerful enough to be useful at university as well. It has loads of memory and a fast processor - can't remember specs off the top of my head - runs rings around my friend's Casio's for drawing several graphs simultaneously! FYI, it is the most powerful Texas calculator you are allowed in exams. The TI-92 looks amazing - with a full qwerty keyboard! Too bad we can't use that!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (268)
34.14%
No (517)
65.86%

Watched Threads