Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need help.

I'm now in the season of 18th birthday parties - which although is rather fun, it means that I'm trying to think up a new outfit each weekend.
    And, to be honest, I'm crap at planning "going out" outifts. Ordinary, everyday outfits I can be really quite quirky. But going out, I get stuck.

I'm also short (about 5'2) and curvy - and I mean that in the real curvy sense. Marylin Munroe proportions - which is fine, except that it means things like shirts don't fit my chest, and jeans are miles too big on my waist if they fit my hips.

So, what I'm asking is does anybody have any ideas what I can wear to parties, so I can be slightly individual, but mature-looking and "going out"-ish?

Thank youu. x

ReputationRep:
    Bravisimo do fitted tops and stuff for ur kinda size...expensive tho!
    Maybe a skirt made from a clingy strecty materia so its fits to ur shape...?
    Am I on the right lines for what you like?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but you can't wear a skirt in winter - it's way too cold. How about getting clothes specifically fitted for you by a tailor? That's why they do here in Geneva.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    yeah, but you can't wear a skirt in winter - it's way too cold. How about getting clothes specifically fitted for you by a tailor? That's why they do here in Geneva.
    Nice idea, but I'm a student - and I really can't afford to have clothes made for me, especially if it's only for one or two "going out to a club" nights.
    Thanks anyways.

ReputationRep:
    oh right - but buy something which you think is nice and is a bit larger than your actual size. Take it to a tailor and get it refitted. I don't know how much it costs there, but here it's something like 3 pounds.

ReputationRep:
    jeans and t-shirt
    just it

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.