Do energy drinks work for you? Watch

Spacey Sprocket
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In terms of giving you energy? I find they keep my eyes open but my brain will be switched off. I've relied on them heavy due to working nightshifts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
white boy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
never had one
Spacey Sprocket
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by white boy)
never had one
really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jaffacake111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't find they have any effect even if you mix them with vodka (which on the back it says not to do). I drink a ton of proper coffee so I suppose I am desensitised.
white boy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Spacey Sprocket)
really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
really really.

never felt the need for them or coffee either.
Balloon Baboon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In terms of giving you energy? I find they keep my eyes open but my brain will be switched off. I've relied on them heavy due to working nightshifts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep. I love smacking up on energy drinks!
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
when i am off alcohol ( like atm ) i go large on energy drinks. i have never gone for R*d B*ll... they charge double the price for the same stuff you get on Tesco's own brand.
chidchilli
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all. Still buy Relentless though, just for the taste... :-/

Too bawse for you, sir.
iama
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had them a couple of times, but they had no effect..the same with coffee. Must be me
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
when i am off alcohol ( like atm ) i go large on energy drinks. i have never gone for R*d B*ll... they charge double the price for the same stuff you get on Tesco's own brand.
I have to agree here. Redbull is a) nasty and b) overpriced.

What you really need is;

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  7.4 KB

VannR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I find that a can of energy drink can give me a good buzz for a couple of hours. They help me to get some extra physical 'buoyancy' when I feel sluggish, especially ones like Monster energy that have added guarana.

I have actually mixed white rum and Monster a couple of times, and let me tell you, it is brilliant! In a way, the energy given by Monster cancels out the wooziness created by the rum and you feel relatively lucid, but kind of warm and tingly. I'm not sure how this would work for a heavy drinker, though. I drink very infrequently and I have never been drunk.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Balloon Baboon)
I have to agree here. Redbull is a) nasty and b) overpriced.

What you really need is;

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  7.4 KB

Rossi ftw

it is on sale at our local shop for £1, or you can have it as part of your £3 meal deal :borat:
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you drink them too much you will tend to get an effect like that.

(Original post by VannR)
I find that a can of energy drink can give me a good buzz for a couple of hours. They help me to get some extra physical 'buoyancy' when I feel sluggish, especially ones like Monster energy that have added guarana.
(Original post by VannR)

I have actually mixed white rum and Monster a couple of times, and let me tell you, it is brilliant! In a way, the energy given by Monster cancels out the wooziness created by the rum and you feel relatively lucid, but kind of warm and tingly. I'm not sure how this would work for a heavy drinker, though. I drink very infrequently and I have never been drunk.

It works pretty well with energy drink but obviously find a balance. Don't want to be doing that all night.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
Rossi ftw

it is on sale at our local shop for £1, or you can have it as part of your £3 meal deal :borat:

Bahaha! same at my local! Tastes so good!
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Balloon Baboon)
Bahaha! same at my local! Tastes so good!
you need to put it in the freezer for 20 minutes otherwise it tastes like the stuff they put in swimming pools.
mabokhari1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Noooo 😞 they have never worked for me. I actually fell asleep after drinking one 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
O.Ozz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sort of addicted to energy drinks so it gives me an on-off effect. if you drink it after 4pm you will have problems sleeping at night, i guarantee that. if you take, lets say three, it will defo have a strong effect (took three once, gave me a good panic attack) if you drink it along with antidepressants (what im doing right now) it's quite interesting...
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, not really. I think it's one of those mental things, where you just think it gives you energy because that's what it's advertised to do.

I drink sports drinks like Powerade when doing physical exercise, even though they probably have no different affect than water, I find they give me an extra kick up the arse to push myself than water does.
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
If you drink them too much you will tend to get an effect like that.

It works pretty well with energy drink but obviously find a balance. Don't want to be doing that all night.
Very true. You might not feel the stimulants when they are mixed with rum but they are still in your system, and will still cause nasty withdrawal symptoms if you take too much. I will drink no more than one can of monster as a mixer in a night - I think that's a good balance.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
No, not really. I think it's one of those mental things, where you just think it gives you energy because that's what it's advertised to do.
It can't be a placebo not with the amount of sugar content in them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads