Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi ^_~

I have put on my UCAS form (Uni choices) Loughborough 3 times, for 3 different courses in Computer science, then the other 3 are Aston, Newcastle and Nottingham.

Is it wise to apply to the same university more than once? Loughborough is where I want to go, its the perfect uni for me What I really mean is, having loughborough down 3 times make me look desperate or keen :P I mean I COULD put it down 6 times, but thats a bit over the top.

Should I called the admissions tutor and see if she has any opinions on the matter?

Just dont want to mess up my application!

Cheers

Milz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkfairy753)
    Are the 3 courses very similar? It may seem to them as if you aren't really dedicated to one course and just want to go to that uni. Why do think you won't get in? Definitely don't put 6 down, or that will look incredibly desperate, and they may just give you the course that you like the least. Put your 2 favourites down if you're keen, but that's as far as I would go.

Call the admissions tutor, they may even tell you that they don't mind!

Good luck!
    I had a bad first year loads of **** happened . So my current predicted grades are Computing A/B Physics B Maths C/D. AS Biology D.

I need a minimum of 260 points to get into luffy, I'm just scared I wont get in

The courses are

Compy Science with AI Mcomp (5 year).
    Compy Sci with AI Mcomp (4 year).
    Compy Sci Mcomp (5 year).

ReputationRep:
    If the different courses are dealt with by different admissions tutors then they won't know you've applied there three times. Unis can't see where else you've applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkfairy753)
    :ditto:
    Maybe find out who the admissions tutor is for each course? Is there information on their website?
    The courses all seem very similar, so you probably could get away with applying there three times. Even if you were predicted your lowest predicted grades, you would still have enough points to get in. So don't worry
    Its the same admissions tutor for each course, Ill ring her up today and see what she says.

ReputationRep:
    Are the entry requirements the same for all the courses? Because if they are it's likely you'll either be rejected for all 3 or accepted for all 3....So in that case would seem pointless applying for them all.

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmac)
    Are the entry requirements the same for all the courses? Because if they are it's likely you'll either be rejected for all 3 or accepted for all 3....So in that case would seem pointless applying for them all.

Gemma
    Some are a minimum of 240 or 260.

I called up today anyway. He said that If i apply for CS with AI for 5 years and dont make the grade, they could possible offer me a place one on the BSC course.

So now I have to find 2 other unis to put on my list

ReputationRep:
    L'Boro and only Lboro will be able to see that you have applied to them three times, even across different departments (even those yours are the same)

what i suggest hwoever is that becuase the courses are soo similar is that you ring up the admission tutor and ask her how easy it is to switch between the different courses once you are there, becasue if could be totally pointless you applying to all three and finding it was very easy to switch between all three once you got there. Also check that you can apply to all three at the same time, bcause at some unis you can't (eg Warwick, you can't to both History and History with Culture)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milz661)
    [removed]
    That sounds like the best idea. Unis will quite often offer you an alternative course if they can't give you an offer for the one you applied for, so there doesn't seem much point in using up half of your options on essentially the same course.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.