Diva1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Coming from India. Studying Eco and Management @ Durham.
Does this happen @ the Durham Business school or Durham university ?

Should I choose a college close to Business school or @ Bailey's ?

I don't want to be too far from my place of study , yet not far from all the life. Do I choose - St Aidan's , Collingwood, Van Gilbert, Trevelyn or St Cuthbert's ? Are there buses running between colleges ?

Please help me choose :confused:
OrpenHo9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There isn't a bus between colleges but they're all close enough to walk between. There is a bus which runs between the second campus (Stockton) and the major faculty buildings.
Anny Smiles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Diva1996)
Coming from India. Studying Eco and Management @ Durham.
Does this happen @ the Durham Business school or Durham university ?

Should I choose a college close to Business school or @ Bailey's ?

I don't want to be too far from my place of study , yet not far from all the life. Do I choose - St Aidan's , Collingwood, Van Gilbert, Trevelyn or St Cuthbert's ? Are there buses running between colleges ?

Please help me choose :confused:
Aidan's, Collingwood, Trevs & Van Mildert are all up the hill, so they're a little further away from town. I wouldn't say it makes a huge difference- I'm at Butler which is the furthest from town but I still go out and have fun.

Cuth's is on the Bailey, or Parson's Field which is also close.

Ultimately I don't think distance matters that much. Go on the website and look at pictures, see how rent works, whether you'll share a room, how big the college is, what else it offers

There's a bus which goes from Butler down to town which is £1 for a day ticket if you get on at Butler with a campus card, otherwise it's £2. I think there are other buses which run up the hill and into town, but I have no idea about prices.
louisjevans
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
not being biased or anything but Aidan's is the best :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.66%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (54)
26.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise