The Student Room Group

What are the real benefits of eating fish?

I am veggie, but questioning

Is there any need to eat fish to become healthier?

Appreciate the answers!
nono I'm trying to stop eating fish (already don't eat meat)- plenty of other foods you can eat which give you the necessary nutrients
Original post by Morrisseya

Disturbing picture :mad:
Original post by Blue_Mason
Disturbing picture :mad:

Should've posted this instead, mah bad :colondollar:

Fish produces a natural fatty acid called Omega-3, when ingested it does your whole body goo, in different ways.

It's also known to prevent cancer. It's good for you:smile:
Reply 6
Full of Omega-3, full of protein and low on fat. Meant to be good for your cardiovascular and brain health, and possibly prevent some types of cancer.

On the downside some commercial fish species are tainted with mercury contamination. So you have to keep an eye on which species are safe and which aren't, and cut down your consumption of contaminated species. Plus fishing isn't really a sustainable food source, and is leading to plummeting levels of fish in the oceans. There are sustainable and farm breed species out there, always worthwhile to talk to your fish monger about it.

Personally I like the taste of fish, and I think the health benefits outweigh the risks. But if you are happy being a vegetarian and have a healthy varied diet, I don't really see the need to change to become a pescetarian.
Original post by Morrisseya
Should've posted this instead, mah bad :colondollar:

I have a phobia of raw fishes :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest