The Student Room Group

Do colleges accept IGCSE English as an alternative to GCSE English

I am looking to take A level Business and A level Literature, both of which need a B in GCSE English. Providing I get a grade B in IGCSE, would they still accept me. I am from England btw
cheers
They should since IGCSE is a International GCSE which is equivalent to a GCSE. (I also do IGCSE English)
Reply 2
Original post by merlinthecat123
I am looking to take A level Business and A level Literature, both of which need a B in GCSE English. Providing I get a grade B in IGCSE, would they still accept me. I am from England btw
cheers

You would be best placed asking the college directly.

As far as I know it is accepted, and is actually more respected than GCSE. However I strongly advise you ask the college as I am not sure all colleges view IGCSE the same way.

Personally I see no reason why they should not accept IGCSE, but colleges set their own entry requirements so it is up to them what to accept as alternatives.
i took IGCSEs and the IBMYP abroad.

yes they will almost certainly accept them - they consider them to be the same as GCSES.

as other have said just check with the college admissions, but im sure its fine, im at uni with 6 (I)GCSEs to my name - as well as the IBMYP.. didn't fail anything, i just only took 6 GCSES, so youll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest