Choosing a college - PLEASE ADVISE - NEED TO SUBMIT UCAS

Watch
Diva1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Needed some advise on selection of colleges @ durham city. i will be studying eco+management ...which should be taught at the business school ....so should i be choosing one of the hill colleges as they would be closer to my study place ? If yes, which one - Collingwood OR Van Mildert OR St Mary's ?
I am not really a person that loves to walk OR is the University College just so worth it ?
OrpenHo9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you choose a hill college the walk will be very short in the morning (5 mins), think of that extra lie in! But it's a longer walk into town. You can't escape walking in Durham. University College has amazing buildings and great traditions but most Freshers don't live in the college, they live in Moatside which isn't in the castle. The distance from the Business School is greater but you are then in the centre of town so there is not far to stagger on the way home from a night out. Any distance in Durham is short to be fair, you can cross the whole of the city in 30 mins. Consider more than just distance when selecting your college i.e. Room sharing ratio, traditional aspect (how often are formals?), strengths of the college (music, sport, academics) or even size of the bar? Weigh up what is important to you but don't worry too much becuase everyone loves their college.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
29.15%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (45)
22.61%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (19)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.63%

Watched Threads