Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok this is kind of confusing. Why did Bush apoligize to the king of Jordan about those pictures of Iraqi soldiers??? And why isn't anyone apoligizing to us about all the people that we have lost over there, I think the toll is up to like 700 or somthing like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superman663j7)
    ok this is kind of confusing. Why did Bush apoligize to the king of Jordan about those pictures of Iraqi soldiers??? And why isn't anyone apoligizing to us about all the people that we have lost over there, I think the toll is up to like 700 or somthing like that.
    I'm not so sure about the figure of 700, but Bush only apologised because Jordan because he needs them as sympathic allies to his pathetic cause. If that makes any sense. Blair was quite willing to ally himself with Bush, and thus does not receive the same courtesy.

ReputationRep:
    I think he has approximately 9061 to 10918 people to apologise about: http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sire]because he needs them as sympathic allies to his pathetic cause. QUOTE]
    this cause is not pathetic, this is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I think he has approximately 9061 to 10918 people to apologise about: http://www.iraqbodycount.net/
    Or he could have apologized for indirectly killing a similar number a year by joining the UN with his thumb up his ass and not getting rid of Saddam in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=superman663j7]
    (Original post by Sire)
    because he needs them as sympathic allies to his pathetic cause. QUOTE]
    It's not right. WTF are American soldiers dying for out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Or he could have apologized for indirectly killing a similar number a year by joining the UN with his thumb up his ass and not getting rid of Saddam in the first place.
    Or he could apologise on behalf of daddy for selling Saddam the weapons in the first place which he used to kill all those people.

ReputationRep:
    we are dieing for freedom! and what is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Or he could apologise on behalf of daddy for selling Saddam the weapons in the first place which he used to kill all those people.
    He didn't sell them to use on his own people. If I sell you a pistol I'm not responsible if you use it to gun down your neighbors or murder your family.

ReputationRep:
    we are dieing for freedom! and what is right.
    Don't be such a retard. We already have freedom in America. The average Iraqi has never known freedom and wouldn't know democracy if it was painted green and bit him on the ass.

The US should withdraw it's troops immediately. It sickens me that the sons and duaghters of America go fatherless because of the vanity of our politicians.

ReputationRep:
    Bush needs to win an election and a war of hearts and minds!

He needs the stop the uproar in Iraq!

He must do this...
    a) to win an election
    b) please other world leaders
    c) stop Iraqi citizens from causing more violence!

ReputationRep:
    He didn't sell them to use on his own people. If I sell you a pistol I'm not responsible if you use it to gun down your neighbors or murder your family.
    If you sell deadly chemical weapons to a whacky dictator like Saddam, you know that he's not going to use them to help grow daisy's! America sold Saddam weapons so they could hold onto a key political ally in a hotly disputed region. They didnt care how he used them, as long as they made him happy (which included the extermination of his own people). This makes the US partially responsible.

If you are going to try and defend the US as a guaranteer of human rights, I'm afraid that history will contradict you everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    It's not right. WTF are American soldiers dying for out there?
    What in this world is 'right'?

ReputationRep:
    The US should withdraw it's troops immediately. It sickens me that the sons and duaghters of America go fatherless because of the vanity of our politicians.
    I dont agree. You cant make fundamental changes to a country and then just leave them to it, to sort out all the mess that is left behind. Unless the US make the effort to complete what they've started Iraq will probably end up in a worse situation than it was in, in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    haha.. "fighting for freedom"! Come on superman, we went to war because we thought they had weapons of mass destruction *simultaneous groans as the topic has come up again*. Im sorry but the U-turn by the government to make this seem to be a liberation is laughable.
    If were fighting for freedom, why dont they sort africa out?

ReputationRep:
    The President of the United States is the Commander-In-Chief of the US armed forces. Hence, ultimately, he bears the political responsibility for their actions.
    Even if it is not directly *his fault*, he is politically responsible for what US soldiers do.
    When US soldiers commit such horrible crimes as shown in the pictures, it is only right that the US President apologies for what those under his command did.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be such a retard. We already have freedom in America. The average Iraqi has never known freedom and wouldn't know democracy if it was painted green and bit him on the ass.

I think we should pull out ASAP, but pulling out right now, there would be cival war, and they would get some new terrible guy in and all these people will have died for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    Bush needs to win an election and a war of hearts and minds!

He needs the stop the uproar in Iraq!

He must do this...
    a) to win an election
    b) please other world leaders
    c) stop Iraqi citizens from causing more violence!
    I am not quite sure "C" is quite that easy. Stop them how?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=superman663j7]
    (Original post by Sire)
    because he needs them as sympathic allies to his pathetic cause. QUOTE]
    Well it may have started out as 'right', I emphasize may have, but now it is 'pathetic'. It is long past the time to pull our troops the hell out of there and let them come home. We have already acomplished what we were led to believe we went over there to do, so there's no reason to continue with this farce.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3689167.stm

disgusting photographs!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.