Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkwizzard)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-FIAT-PUNT...QQcmdZViewItem

I swear this car was on the program. I think it belonged to that chap that said he only liked to modify cars, and not speed in them.

Looks awful anyway.

£22 000 on a 1.2

Lemme get this straight............

TWENTY TWO THOUSAND BRITISH POUNDS ON A 1.2 L ENGINE?

* Smacks head on keyboard *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan)
    In the documentary, they mentioned a boy racer is a person who clearly uses a car to race.

So I would like to mention are taxi drivers "boy racers" when they hit 30 roads at 40/50Mph on public roads and town centres?

are business men with their Jags/Audi's etc driving 100-120MPH on motorways "boy racers" cuz they want to get home quick?

no just they dont really have a leg to stand on if they are in an accident. which IMO will only be matter of time.

I think the simulator test just about summed it up for me. when they said they felt safe and the girl rolled it and male broke the machine.

With regards to the issue of the new laws etc (interview with stephen ladyman). I think there will be an issue with how to police the no passenger law because as the police say it will be difficult to see the age of the driver. One think I would like to see introduced is for there to be a legal restriction on the size of engines for new drivers (maybe upto 1.2) for a certain period. This would allow them to get experience. Because at the moment what is to stop a 17 year old getting in a 3.0L car straight away and they no idea of how to properley handle the power. And I am also all for the staggered licencing as:

Yes it may be a pain to new drivers but I believe that most speeding takes place because of peer preassure. The would help eliminate it.

(Original post by x.narb.x)
    Why not spend the money on just getting a decent car, instead of looking like a ****?
    Well said !!

As for the £22,000 on the 1.2. I have to agree that is a bit over the top as 22K is impreza territory

Sorry for the rant but people who speed without reason just get to me.

ReputationRep:
    Trouble is you can do stupid speed in any car, be it a 39 bhp 899 cinq or a 400 bhp evo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkwizzard)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-FIAT-PUNT...QQcmdZViewItem

I swear this car was on the program. I think it belonged to that chap that said he only liked to modify cars, and not speed in them.

Looks awful anyway.
    Christ, thats horrendous!
    He's spent over 22k on it.............oh dear god.........

ReputationRep:
    i used to live in Stoke up on Festival Heights (overlooking the gym and KFC). That was horrendous for boy racers in some really pretty crap looking cars, some even went so far as to put stupid neons on bog standard cars, and a punto with those really hideous plastic spinners that stick out a mile.

Loughborough has its fair share too, i used to live behind Tescos car park and you could hear them pratting around on there.

In both places though it seemed that they were only ever out Fri and the weekend. I guess they all had school during the week!

Get a proper car for fecks sake.

As for speeding, i must admit i do speed, but im not wreckless! Ill slow down in residential areas and whenever people are about. Although that being said i cant speed as much these days as my corsa is on its last legs

(Original post by x.narb.x)
    You're bloody idiots is what you are(boy racers, I mean), do you realise how ridiculous it is to put big noisy exhausts on cars with 90bhp and a top speed of 100mph? Why not spend the money on just getting a decent car, instead of looking like a ****?
    You said it mate! I just laugh when I see boy racers spending another quality evening racing around my local Sainsbury car park or the centre of town, with exhaust and sound systems worth more then the flaming car.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 20, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.