The Student Room Group

Bank Roll number.. HELP!!!

Hello guys, recently student finance sent me a letter about my finance details. I have there my bank number and sort code, however i cannot find which one is the roll number. Do i need to my local branch and ask them for it?? or can i find it anywhere at all(i have no cheque books) OR is it not needed???

to those students who have applied for student finance please help :biggrin: thank you!
Reply 1
You will only need a roll number if you have a building society account so if you use a bank just ignore it, otherwise contact your branch and they will tell you it.
Reply 2
building societies have roll numbers so if u are with an actual bank u just leave it blank.who are u with? some building societies like nationwide also dont have roll numbers
Reply 3
im with natwest.... :biggrin: how do i know if im with a building society or a bank??? (sorry im so ignorant to these kind of financial things, i dont even have a credit card and i only have one account)
Reply 4
You do not need a roll number with Natwest. I'm with them and I didn't put one down and all is well :smile:
Reply 5
yay! thank you so much for this very helpful information!
Reply 6
does anyone know if santander or barclays have a roll number?
Reply 7
Original post by JasminC
does anyone know if santander or barclays have a roll number?

Its only if they are a building society...of which those 2 I don't believe are
Reply 8
Original post by Iqbal007
Its only if they are a building society...of which those 2 I don't believe are

oh ok then thanks a lot!x