This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Anyone doing the mathematics extention paper?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I am doing Aea Maths and Aea Physics. I find maths quite easy but physics are tough,but interesting though. How about you?

Love, Nick.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Mathematics and Critical thinking. Any AEA is gonna be tough. We havent been programmed to do them like the AS/Alevels. Well id like to know how u get on with the mathematics one on thursday. Good Luck!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Thanks!
I agree that Aea are tough, but I think that 3 hours will be better that 1.30 h compared to a levels,even though questions will be more difficult.
Good luck to you too!I will be looking forward to tell me your progress on thursday too!

Love,
Nick
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey good luck for your AEA's. Would anybody be kind enough to scan the paper so that, I could have a look at it?(Do they take the paper from u like in the normal AL's?) (I did my AL's this june and am very interested in the AEA's maths)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
its just a waste of time. i do maths and f maths . and thats more than enough to get recognition,. the AEA just shows how arrogant you are.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I wrote the first message.
I agree with the arrogant part if and only if ur doing it just for the sake of it or to make urself look good on top of ur staright As.....but if ur doint it to reinforce a subject that u probably didnt perform well in LIKE P3 METHEMATICS BY EDEXCEL!!! then it may be the only way to get ur uni place.
It'sPhil...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
AEA are pointless because the only places where you need extra qualifications on top of Maths and F. Maths are Oxbridge and Warwick and they ask you to take the STEP papers which are much harder and generally a better indicator of ability. the AEA is only as hard as P3 except you have ages longer to do it, ie its a doddle
trini
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Still, if you manage to get a distinction in the subject for which you're applying, it's gotta look good on your UCAS, surely?

Personally, I thought the Physics AEA paper was much nicer (thank god).

j
Sir I. Newton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is this AEA? is it like the advanced additional qualification offered by MEI OCR? where you do 18 modules of maths instead of the normal 12 for further.
Nylex
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
AEA - Advanced Extension Award. Basically a paper that's for the really good candidates. Usually 3 hours long and offered in quite a few subjects. Only one board does each subject though (eg. Maths is done by Edexcel and French by OCR). They don't expect you to have any extra teaching for them either.

Trini - when you make your UCAS application, you won't have done the AEA paper (unless you've done it early, I suppose), so you can't put on there that you have a Distinction or a Merit in it..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads