Simply93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
okay so long story short, I'm in my final year of my education and theology degree and now that I'm looking to go into doing a PGCE, I realise I need a C at GCSE maths (I currently had a D), the thing is though at 21 I feel really under-confident about maths, even more than I did at 16, so I was wondering what are some of the best ways to revise for maths? any tips?

Thanks for reading
BabyMaths
  • Study Helper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gladiatorsword)
Maths gcse is piss easy to pass even higher. If easy work is that intimidating and life will become too difficult consider foundation gce maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
This isn't helpful and it's not the way people usually behave on this subforum.
BabyMaths
  • Study Helper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Simply93)
okay so long story short, I'm in my final year of my education and theology degree and now that I'm looking to go into doing a PGCE, I realise I need a C at GCSE maths (I currently had a D), the thing is though at 21 I feel really under-confident about maths, even more than I did at 16, so I was wondering what are some of the best ways to revise for maths? any tips?

Thanks for reading
Don't forget that you also need to pass the numeracy test. In my experience, students find this more of an obstacle than grade C GCSE.

Given that it's five years since you got your grade D I think it's going to take quite a while to improve your maths. Have you considered doing something else for a while, building up your maths and applying for a PGCE in a year or so?

Edit: 3000th post.
TenOfThem
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Simply93)

Thanks for reading
Have you looked at any GCSE exam papers
Have you assessed how much you recall and how much you will need to learn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (324)
34.43%
No (617)
65.57%

Watched Threads